From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
at the V Parapan American Games
|Venue||Pan Am / Parapan Am Fields|
|Dates||8 – 15 August 2015|
|Competitors||70 quota limit from 5 nations|
Football 7-a-side competitions at the 2015 Parapan American Games in Toronto were held from 8 to 15 August at the Pan Am / Parapan Am Fields, which are located on the back campus of the University of Toronto. Football 7-a-side make its return to the program, after last being staged in 2007. The winner of the tournament will qualify for the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. As Brazil won the competition the second place Argentina qualified for the Paralympics.
A total of five teams competed in the football seven a side competition. The host nation (Canada) automatically qualified a team. A team may consist of a maximum of 14 athletes.
|Means of qualification||Date||Venue||Berths||Qualified|
|2014 CPISRA Football 7-a-side American Cup||19 – 26 September 2014||Toronto, Canada||4|| Brazil|
The individual teams contact following football gamblers on to:
Pablo Molina Lopez
Matias Fernandez Romano
|Marcos dos Santos Ferreira
Jonatas Santos Machado
Fernandes Alves Vieira
Jose Monteiro Guimaraes
Marcos Cabral da Costa
Ubirajara da Silva Magalhaes
Ronaldo de Souza Almeida
Evandro de Oliveira Gomes
Maycon Ferreira de Almeida
Wanderson Silva de Oliveira
Jan Brito da Costa
Gilvano Diniz da Silva
Gabriell D'Anglo Santos
Wesley Martins de Souza
Gabriel Medina Diaz
Peter Alvarado Gonzalez
Marcos Cardenas Nieto
Richard Mogollon Melendez
Pedro Suarez Rico
Asdrubal Olivero Mora
Angel Molina Camacho
Jessy Yari Villegas
Saul Torres Villegas
Carlos Carasquel Torres
Frank Pineda Teran
The venues to be used for the World Championships were located in Toronto.
|Stadium: Parapan-Am field|
The first round, or group stage, was a competition between the 5 teams in one group, where engaged in a round-robin tournament within itself. The best two teams play for gold in the finals, the third and fourth place for the third place in the tournament, the fifth in the table is the fifth of the tournament.
|Tie-breaking criteria for group play|
|The ranking of teams in each group was based on the following criteria:
Athletes with a physical disability competed. The athlete's disability was caused by a non-progressive brain damage that affects motor control, such as cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury or stroke. Athletes must be ambulant.
Players were classified by level of disability.
- C5: Athletes with difficulties when walking and running, but not in standing or when kicking the ball.
- C6: Athletes with control and co-ordination problems of their upper limbs, especially when running.
- C7: Athletes with hemiplegia.
- C8: Athletes with minimal disability; must meet eligibility criteria and have an impairment that has impact on the sport of football.
Teams must field at least one class C5 or C6 player at all times. No more than two players of class C8 are permitted to play at the same time.
In the first group stage have seen the teams in a one group of five teams.
|1||Brazil||4||4||0||0||0||0||0||12||Team play for position 1|
|3||Canada||4||1||1||2||0||0||0||4||Team play for the position 3|
|5||United States||4||0||1||3||0||0||0||1||Team play for the position 5|
Rules for classification: Tie-breaking criteria
|Martins de Souza 11' 33'
Santos Machado 14' 46'
D'Angelo Santos 31'
Da Silva Magalhaes 44'
Brito da Costa 53'
Fernandez Romano 54'
|Report||Morana 10' (pen.) 22'
|Monteiro Guimaraes 6' 12'
De Oliveira Gomes 15'
Ferreira de Almeida 21' 30'
Silva de Oliveira 37'
Martins de Souza 42'
|Garza 60'+1||Report||Olivares Mora 40' (pen.)|
|Report||De Oliveira Gomes 7'
Brito da Costa 14' 24'
Silva de Oliveira 21'
Monteiro Guimares 26'
Alves Vieira 35'
Ferreira de Almeida 54'
Martins de Souza 59'
|D'Angelo Santos 3'
Silva de Oliveira 22' 32'
Ferreira de Almeida 24' 60'+1
Santos Machado 60'+4
|Charron 60'+5||Report||Quintana 17'
Yari Villegas 43'
- "Pan Am / Parapan Am Fields". toronto2015.org. TO2015. Retrieved 18 September 2014.
- "Rio 2016 Paralympic Games Qualification Guide" (PDF). www.paralympic.org. International Paralympic Committee. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Toronto 2015 Parapan American Games Qualification Guide v5" (PDF). www.paralympic.org. International Paralympic Committee. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Team roster Argentina" (PDF). 7 August 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 August 2015.
- "Team roster Brazil" (PDF). 7 August 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 August 2015.
- "Team roster Canada" (PDF). 7 August 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 August 2015.
- "Team roster United States" (PDF). 7 August 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 August 2015.
- "Team roster Venezuela" (PDF). 7 August 2015. Archived (PDF) from the original on 11 August 2015.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.