From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article does not cite any sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.Find sources: "1786 in Canada" – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Years in Canada:||1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789|
|Centuries:||17th century · 18th century · 19th century|
|Decades:||1750s 1760s 1770s 1780s 1790s 1800s 1810s|
|Years:||1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789|
|Part of a series on the|
|History of Canada|
|By Provinces and Territories|
Events from the year 1786 in Canada.
- April 16 – John Franklin, naval officer, Arctic explorer, and author (d.1847)
- June 17 – William Thompson, farmer and political figure (d.1860)
- October 7 – Louis-Joseph Papineau, lawyer, politician and reformist (d.1871)
- October 30 – Philippe-Joseph Aubert de Gaspé, lawyer, writer, fifth and last seigneur of Saint-Jean-Port-Joli (L'Islet County) (d.1871)
- October 31 – William Morris, businessman, militia officer, justice of the peace, politician, and school administrator (d.1858)
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2010)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.