From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article does not cite any sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.Find sources: "1972 in Scottish television" – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of events in Scottish television from 1972.
- 14 March – BBC 1 Scotland has been on air for twenty years.
- 25 March – The 17th Eurovision Song Contest is held at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh. Luxembourg wins the contest with the song "Après toi", performed by Vicky Leandros.
- 11 September – Inaugural broadcast of Scottish Television's regional news programme Scotland Today The programme is only broadcast for ten months each year, taking a break each summer.
- Unknown – Construction begins on a new STV base in Renfield Street, Cowcaddens, Glasgow on land opposite the Theatre Royal site.
- 29 January – Hugh McDermott, 63, actor
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.