From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following is a list of events relating to television in Ireland from 1975.
- 6 January – RTÉ Television begins broadcasting News for the Deaf, the first daily broadcast of news for deaf people.
- 23 September – Going Strong, a series for the elderly presented by Bunny Carr and Ann O'Dwyer is first aired.
- 25 September – UK children's animated series based on the hugely popular children's books by Roger Hargreaves Mr. Men gets its very first airing in Ireland on RTÉ (It had been previously only been available to viewers who could receive UK television airings including the BBC where it originally started airing).
- October – Geraldine McInerney becomes the first female newsreader on RTÉ Television.
- Undated – Oliver Maloney is appointed Director-General of RTÉ.
- 27 June – Password (1961–1975)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.