From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.Find sources: "1979 in Scottish television" – news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of events in Scottish television from 1979.
- 16 March - The long running American educational series for preschoolers Sesame Street begins airing for the first time on Scottish Television.
- 3 May - Television coverage of the 1979 general election.
- Unknown - Broadcast of the television film A Sense of Freedom about the Glasgow gangster Jimmy Boyle.
- Unknown - Garnock Way concludes after three years on air.
- Unknown - BBC 1 Scotland airs Can Seo, a 20-part series teaching Scottish Gaelic. Can Seo means "Say This" in Gaelic.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.