From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of events in Scottish television from 1983.
- 17 January – Breakfast Time, Britain's first breakfast show, launches on BBC1. The new service includes four opt-outs which allow BBC Scotland to broadcast its own news bulletin.
- 1 February – TV-am launches, with Good Morning Britain. However this is a national service with no opt-outs for Scottish news.
- 9–10 June – Television coverage of the 1983 general election.
- 6 September – ITV broadcasts the STV-produced Killer. It would later be turned into a series and re-titled Taggart.
- 6 September – Taggart (1983–present)
- 21 October – Reporting Scotland (1968–1983; 1984–present)
- March – Mark Prendergast, actor
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.