From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of Italian television related events from 1991.
- 4 May - The 36th Eurovision Song Contest is held at the Studio 15 di Cinecittà in Rome. Sweden wins the contest with the song "Fångad av en stormvind", performed by Carola.
- 13 January: on Canale 5, debut of TG5, the first Finivest news program, directed by Enrico Mentana and hosted, besides the same Mentana, by Cristina Parodi and Cesara Buonamici. The first edition is troubled by several technical problems but is gratified by a greeting message from London of the president Francesco Cossiga. Soon, the Canale 5 journal, focused on current news instead of politic and conducted by Mentana with a pressing rhythm, becomes a serious concurrent for the high-flown RAI news programs.
- 17 January: on Italia 1, Emilio Fede, director of Studio Aperto (Open Studio), beats on time RAI and announces on air the beginning of Desert Storm and follows the events with a long special edition, till 8 AM; the news program had been launched just the day before.The 29 July, TG4, the third Finivest news program, starts on Rete4, directed by Edvige Bernasconi.
- 1 October - Long running US animated comedy series The Simpsons begins broadcasting on television stations all across Italy for the first time. The series was premiered on Canale 5.
- I ragazzi del muretto (The little wall boys) – coming-of-age serial, set in a Rome high-school, with Francesca Antonelli and Lorenzo Diglio; 3 seasons. Unlike many similar products, it treats also serious matters as racism and drug.
- Avanzi (Leftovers) – with Serena Dandini (also author), Corrado Guzzanti and a debuting Luciana Litizzetto; 3 seasons. It begins as a parody of the Italian television while in the two later seasons the satire is extended to the whole society. The leftovers of the title are “shows never aired, found in the RAI archives”, obviously staged by the actors.
- Scommettiamo che… (Let’s make a bet) – Italian version of the German show Wetten, dass..?, hosted by Fabrizio Frizzi and Milly Carlucci, care of Michele Guardì; 10 seasons.
- Diritto di replica (Right to reply) – semiserious talk show, hosted by Sandro Paternostro and Fabio Fazio, with controversial personalities defending themselves as guests ; 2 seasons.
- Turisti per caso (Accidental tourists) – humorous travel show, with Patrizio Roversi and Syusy Blady; 18 seasons.
- Non è la RAI (It’s not RAI) – musical and game show ideated by Gianni Boncompagni and hosted by Erica Bonaccorti, Paolo Bonolis and Ambra Angiolini (debuting 15 years old), with a cast composed almost entirely by female teen-agers, some of which, as Angiolini herself and Claudia Gerini, destined to a career in the show business; 4 seasons. The program becomes a cultural phenomenon, with episodes of stardom for the adolescent showgirls but is also heavily criticized for the given image of the young woman, shallow and sexually precocious.
- Il commissario Corso (Chief Corso) – by Alberto Sironi and Gianni Lepre, with Diego Abantantuono as a Southern police superintendent in Milan; realized for the coproduction series Eurocops.
- Il portalettere (The postman) – Piero Chiambretti, as an irreverent postman, delivers the Andrea Barbato’s open letters to public personalities, moreover politicians; the last one is the Republic President Francesco Cossiga,.
- Profondo Nord (Deep North) – political talk show hosted by Gad Lerner; the journalist travels among the Northern Italy towns, trying to understand the reasons of the Lega Nord’s success.
- Fantaghirò – fantasy by Lamberto Bava, with Alessandra Martines, Mario Adorf and Kim Rossi Stuart, from an Italo Calvino’s fairy tale; in 2 episodes. The story of the warrior princess is the first Fininvest fiction to get international success and originates a long franchise.
|27 February||Nuccio Costa||65||Italian television presenter|
- "TG5, ventotto anni fa la". www.agenziavideo.it (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- DrGeppe80. "Emilio Fede annuncia inizio prima guerra del Golfo". YouTube. Retrieved 19 January 2021.
- "I ragazzi del muretto". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Avanzi". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Scommettiamo che...?". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Diritto di replica". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Turisti per caso". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Non è la RAI". Mediaset Play. Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Il commissario Corso". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Il Portalettere - Piero Chiambretti". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Profondo Nord". RaiPlay (in Italian). Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Fantaghirò". Mediaset Play. Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "Cristina, l'Europa siamo noi". Mediaset Play. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.