From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All 51 seats in the island councils of Bonaire (9), Curaçao (21),
Saba (5), Sint Eustatius (5) and Sint Maarten (11)
This lists parties that won seats. See the complete results below.
Island council elections were held in the Netherlands Antilles on 20 April 2007 to elect the members of the island councils of its five island territories. They were the last regular island council elections before the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles in 2010.
The election was won by the Bonaire Patriotic Union (5 seats) in Bonaire, the Party for the Restructured Antilles (7 seats) in Curaçao, the Windward Islands People's Movement (4 seats) in Saba, the Democratic Party Statia (4 seats) in Sint Eustatius, and the Democratic Party (6 seats) in Sint Maarten.
|Bonaire Patriotic Union||3,664||51.22||5||–1|
|Source: The Bonaire Reporter|
|Party for the Restructured Antilles (PAR)||Emily de Jongh-Elhage||20,862||28.02||7||+2|
|New Antilles Movement (MAN)||Charles Cooper||13,923||18.70||5||+3|
|Workers' Liberation Front (FOL)||Anthony Godett||7,648||10.27||2||–6|
|National People's Party (PNP)||Ersilia de Lannooy||7,558||10.15||2||0|
|Lista Niun Paso Atras (LNPA)||Nelson Pierre||6,304||8.47||2||+1|
|Sovereign People (PS)||Helmin Wiels||5,494||7.38||1||New|
|Forsa Kòrsou (FK)||Nelson Navarro||4,932||6.63||1||New|
|Democratic Party (DP)||Norbert George||3,813||5.12||1||+1|
|Un Pueblo Nobo (UPN)||Josephine Bakhuis-Trinidad||1,651||2.22||0||0|
|People's Crusade Labour Party (PLKP)||Errol Cova||1,227||1.65||0||–3|
|Social Labour Movement (MSL)||Cesar Prince||1,032||1.39||0||New|
|Source: Hoofdstembureau Curaçao|
|Windward Islands People's Movement||447||73.8||4||+1|
|Saba Labour Party||159||26.2||1||+1|
|Source: The Daily Herald, Saba Tourist Bureau|
|Progressive Labour Party||269||23.83||1||–1|
|St. Eustatius Empowerment Party||211||18.69||0||New|
|Cyril B. Tearr||24||2.13||0||0|
|Source: The Daily Herald|
|Democratic Party||Sarah Wescot-Williams||6,635||49.48||6||0|
|National Alliance||William Marlin||5,542||41.33||5||+1|
|People's Progressive Alliance||Gracita Arrindell||1,119||8.35||0||–1|
|Democratic Labour Party||Johan van Heyningen||69||0.52||0||0|
|St. Maarten People's Believers Independent Movement||Harold Jack||25||0.19||0||0|
|Freedom Slate of the National Democratic Party||Theophilus Priest||20||0.15||0||0|
|Source: IslandStudies.ca, SXM Elections, Governor of St. Maarten|
- "Godett verliest fors op Curaçao". Trouw (in Dutch). 21 April 2007. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- "Bonaire Island Elections 2007" (PDF). The Bonaire Reporter. 27 April – 4 May 2007. p. 10. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 December 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- "Eilandsraadverkiezingen, 2007". Hoofdstembureau Curaçao (in Dutch). Archived from the original on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2015.
- "Saba Voting Bureau ratifies election results". The Daily Herald. 27 April 2007. p. 10.
- "Johnson and Zagers new commissioners". Saba Tourist Bureau. Archived from the original on 16 May 2008. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "DP and PLP both lose one vote in final count". The Daily Herald. 26 April 2007. p. 10.
- "Sint Maarten (Saint Maarten)". IslandStudies.ca. Archived from the original on 1 March 2021. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- "Election Year 2007 Results". SXM Elections. Archived from the original on 4 January 2015. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- "Press statement: April 20, 2007 elections". governorsxm.com. Archived from the original on 26 July 2007. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.