From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|See also:||Other events of 2008|
History of Russia • Timeline • Years
- March 2: 2008 Russian presidential election is occurred, Dmitry Medvedev won the election.
- May 7: Dmitry Medvedev becomes President of Russia.
- May 24: Dima Bilan wins the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 in Belgrade, Serbia
- August 7–16: Russia–Georgia war
- August 8–11: Battle of Tskhinvali
- August 9–12: Battle of the Kodori Valley
- August 9/10: Battle off the coast of Abkhazia
- August 9–19: Occupation of Poti
- August 13–22: Occupation of Gori
- 28 August – The Russian group Voina staged the Fuck for the heir Puppy Bear! performance at the Timiryazev State Biological Museum in Moscow to protest at the election of Dmitry Medvedev in the 2008 Russian presidential election.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2013)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.