From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Excluding the defending champion (entering in the round of 16), the other 46 teams were divided into four zones:
- South Zone: Teams from Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay (entering in the first stage)
- North Zone: Teams from Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, and Venezuela (entering in the first stage)
- Argentina Zone: Teams from Argentina (entering in the second stage)
- Brazil Zone: Teams from Brazil (entering in the second stage)
The draw mechanism was as follows:
- South Zone and North Zone:
- For the first stage, the 16 teams from the South Zone were drawn into eight ties, and the 16 teams from the North Zone were drawn into the other eight ties. Teams which qualified for berths 1 were drawn against teams which qualified for berths 4, and teams which qualified for berths 2 were drawn against teams which qualified for berths 3, with the former hosting the second leg in both cases. Teams from the same association could not be drawn into the same tie.
- For the second stage, the 16 winners of the first stage were drawn into eight ties. The eight winners from the South Zone were drawn against the eight winners from the North Zone, with the former hosting the second leg in four ties, and the latter hosting the second leg in the other four ties.
- Argentina Zone: The six teams were drawn into three ties. Teams which qualified for berths 1–3 were drawn against teams which qualified for berths 4–6, with the former hosting the second leg.
- Brazil Zone: The eight teams were split into four ties. No draw was held, where the matchups were based on the berths which the teams qualified for: 1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5, with the former hosting the second leg.
The following was the seeding of the 46 teams entered into the first stage and second stage draw:
|Teams entering in the first stage||Teams entering in the second stage|
|South Zone (16 teams)||North Zone (16 teams)||Argentina Zone (6 teams)||Brazil Zone (8 teams)|
In the elimination phase, each tie was played on a home-and-away two-legged basis. If tied on aggregate, the away goals rule was used. If still tied, the penalty shoot-out was used to determine the winner (no extra time was played). The 15 winners of the second stage (three from Argentina Zone, four from Brazil Zone, eight from ties between South Zone and North Zone) advanced to the round of 16 to join the defending champion (Lanús).
The first legs were played on August 19–21, and the second legs were played on August 26–28, 2014.
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Universidad Católica||0–4||River Plate||0–1||0–3|
|La Guaira||1–2||Atlético Nacional||1–1||0–1|
|Millonarios||3–4||Universidad César Vallejo||1–2||2–2|
|Trujillanos||1–2||Independiente del Valle||0–1||1–1|
|Universidad Católica||2–2 (5–4 p)||Deportivo Anzoátegui||1–1||1–1|
|Vilches 1', 73'
|Report||Bustamante 51' (pen.)|
|Díaz 47' (pen.), 90+1'||Report||Simón 18'
Espinosa 33' (pen.)
Huachipato won 6–3 on aggregate.
Universitario won 2–1 on aggregate.
|F. Escobar 16' (pen.), 50' (pen.)
|Farías 14' (pen.)
|Report||F. Escobar 46', 62' (pen.)|
Deportivo Capiatá won 5–3 on aggregate.
Dos Santos 90+1'
Cerro Porteño won 2–1 on aggregate.
R. Gamarra 70'
|Report||R. Gamarra 3'
General Díaz won 4–3 on aggregate.
|Da Silva 10'||Report|
|H. López 4' (pen.), 40'
Libertad won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Universidad Católica||0–1||River Plate|
|River Plate||3–0||Universidad Católica|
River Plate won 4–0 on aggregate.
|Jorge Rodríguez 11'
J. J. Rodríguez 85'
J. J. Rodríguez 69' (pen.)
Olivera 78' (pen.)
Peñarol won 6–0 on aggregate.
Caracas won 2–0 on aggregate.
Barcelona won 3–0 on aggregate.
|La Guaira||1–1||Atlético Nacional|
|Villegas 65'||Report||Cardona 82' (pen.)|
|Atlético Nacional||1–0||La Guaira|
|L. Ruiz 53'||Report|
Atlético Nacional won 2–1 on aggregate.
|D. Álvarez 90+1'||Report||Mena 40'|
|Giménez 3', 90+3'||Report||Fano 59'|
Emelec won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Nasuti 4', 68'
Deportivo Cali won 3–0 on aggregate.
|Millonarios||1–2||Universidad César Vallejo|
|Uribe 44'||Report||Pando 2', 39'|
|Universidad César Vallejo||2–2||Millonarios|
|Quinteros 2', 18'||Report||Uribe 34'
Universidad César Vallejo won 4–3 on aggregate.
|Trujillanos||0–1||Independiente del Valle|
|Report||D. Angulo 78'|
|Independiente del Valle||1–1||Trujillanos|
|Solís 90'||Report||S. Álvarez 90+1'|
Independiente del Valle won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Universidad Católica||1–1||Deportivo Anzoátegui|
|H. Patta 35'||Report||Arteaga 54'|
|Deportivo Anzoátegui||1–1||Universidad Católica|
|R. Escobar 33'||Report||Wila 86' (pen.)|
|4–5|| F. Martínez
Tied 2–2 on aggregate, Universidad Católica won on penalties.
The first legs were played on August 27–28, September 3–4, 10–11, and 16–18, and the second legs were played on September 3–4, 16–18, and 23–25, 2014.
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Godoy Cruz||0–3||River Plate||0–1||0–2|
|Universitario||2–5||Universidad César Vallejo||2–2||0–3|
|Independiente del Valle||1–3||Cerro Porteño||1–0||0–3|
|Gimnasia y Esgrima||0–1||Estudiantes||0–0||0–1|
|Rosario Central||1–4||Boca Juniors||1–1||0–3|
|Atlético Nacional||3–3 (a)||General Díaz||0–2||3–1|
Vitória won 3–1 on aggregate.
|C. López 41'||Report||Otero 89'|
|Flores 49'||Report||Ruiz Peralta 27', 47'
Ó. Ruiz 68'
Deportivo Capiatá won 4–2 on aggregate.
|Godoy Cruz||0–1||River Plate|
|River Plate||2–0||Godoy Cruz|
|Mora 27', 31'||Report|
River Plate won 3–0 on aggregate.
|Vilches 12', 48'||Report|
|F. Martínez 33' (pen.)||Report|
Huachipato won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Edson 28', 33'||Report||Erik 90+3'|
Tied 2–2 on aggregate, Goiás won on away goals.
|Report||S. Herrera 53'
Peñarol won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Universitario||2–2||Universidad César Vallejo|
D. Chávez 56'
|Universidad César Vallejo||3–0||Universitario|
D. Chávez 81'
Universidad César Vallejo won 5–2 on aggregate.
|Report||Lucas Fonseca 42'
Diego Macedo 46'
|Henrique 78'||Report||Diego Macedo 45' (o.g.)|
Bahia won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Independiente del Valle||1–0||Cerro Porteño|
|Cerro Porteño||3–0||Independiente del Valle|
Cerro Porteño won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Gimnasia y Esgrima||0–0||Estudiantes|
|Estudiantes||1–0||Gimnasia y Esgrima|
Estudiantes won 1–0 on aggregate.
|Report||Santos 73' (pen.)|
|L. Rodríguez 34'||Report||Mena 26'|
Emelec won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Edson Silva 32'
São Paulo won 3–2 on aggregate.
|H. López 7'
J. González 43'
Libertad won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Rosario Central||1–1||Boca Juniors|
|Becker 90+5'||Report||Marín 36'|
|Boca Juniors||3–0||Rosario Central|
|A. Chávez 20', 70'
Boca Juniors won 4–1 on aggregate.
|Atlético Nacional||0–2||General Díaz|
|Report||P. Chávez 16'
|General Díaz||1–3||Atlético Nacional|
|R. Gamarra 58'||Report||Cardona 12'
Tied 3–3 on aggregate, Atlético Nacional won on away goals.
- "Copa Total Sudamericana 2014 – Reglamento" (PDF) (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.com.
- "Impactante lanzamiento de la decimotercera edición de la Copa Total Sudamericana en Buenos Aires" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.com. May 20, 2014.
- "La Copa Total Sudamericana se pondrá en marcha el 19 de agosto" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.com. August 11, 2014.
- "[EXCLUSIVO] Asistencia de Público de la Zona Brasil en la #CopaSudamericana" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.com. September 9, 2014.
- "[EXCLUSIVO] Top 15 - Asistencia de público en la primera & segunda fase de la #CopaSudamericana 2014" (in Spanish). CONMEBOL.com. September 28, 2014.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.