From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|31st News & Documentary Emmy Awards|
|Date||September 27, 2010|
|Location||Rose Hall, Home of Jazz at Lincoln Center|
New York City
|Network||C-SPAN (aired October 9th at 8pm)|
The 31st News & Documentary Emmy Awards were held on September 27, 2010, at Rose Hall, Home of Jazz at Lincoln Center, located in the Time Warner Center in New York City. Awards were presented in 41 categories, including Breaking News, Investigative Reporting, Outstanding Interview, and Best Documentary. In attendance were over 900 television and news media industry executives, news and documentary producers and journalists.
Notable awards included the Lifetime Achievement Award given to documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman. PBS NewsHour received the Chairman's Award, with it being accepted by longtime news anchor Jim Lehrer, former anchor Robert MacNeil, longtime executive producer Les Crystal, and current executive producer Linda Winslow.
The following chart is a breakdown of number of awards won this awards season per station.
|Channel||Number of Emmys |
|National Geographic Channel||2|
|KPIX-TV (San Francisco)||1|
|KSTP-TV (Minneapolis – Saint Paul)||1|
|Lifetime Achievement Award||Chairman’s Award|
|Regularly Scheduled Newscast||News Magazine|
|Programming||Best Story In A Regularly Scheduled Newscast|
|Best Report In A News Magazine||Best Documentary|
|New Approaches To News & Documentary Programming:||Individual Achievement In A Craft:|
|Promotional Announcement:||Regional News Story|
- Diane Sawyer, anchor, ABC World News
- Lester Holt, weekend anchor, NBC Nightly News and weekend co-anchor, Today
- Sheila Nevins, President, HBO Documentary Films
- Dan Rather, anchor and managing editor, Dan Rather Reports
- Bob Simon, correspondent, 60 Minutes
- Paula Zahn, Executive Producer/Host, On the Case with Paula Zahn
- Paula A. Kerger, President and CEO- PBS
- Roger Mudd, former Washington correspondent for CBS News, NBC News and the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.