From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adelaide (died 1105), was sovereign Countess of Soissons from 1057 until 1105.
Adelaide married William Busac, Count of Eu, grandson of Richard I, Duke of Normandy. Adelaide and William had five children:
- Renaud II, Count of Soissons
- John I, Count of Soissons, married to Aveline de Pierrefonds
- Manasses of Soissons, Bishop of Cambrai, Bishop of Soissons
- Lithuise de Blois, married to Milo I of Montlhéry
- Unnamed daughter, married to Yves le Vieux.
William Busac became Count of Soissons, de jure uxoris, upon their marriage.
- Dormay, C., Histoire de la ville de Soissons et de ses rois, ducs, comtes et gouverneurs, Soissons, 1664 (available on Google Books)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.