From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Albert Solomonovich Schwarz (//; Russian: А. С. Шварц; born June 24, 1934) is a mathematician and a theoretical physicist educated in the Soviet Union and now a professor at the University of California, Davis.
Schwarz is one of the pioneers of Morse theory and brought up the first example of a topological quantum field theory. The Schwarz genus, one of the fundamental notions of topological complexity, is named after him. Schwarz worked on some examples in noncommutative geometry. He is the "S" in the famous AKSZ model (named after Mikhail Alexandrov, Maxim Kontsevich, Schwarz, and Oleg Zaboronsky).
- Topology for physicists, Springer, 1996.
- Quantum field theory and topology, Grundlehren der Math. Wissen. 307, Springer 1993 (translated from Russian original Kvantovaja teorija polja i topologija, Nauka, Moscow, 1989).
- A. S. Švarc, Математические основы квантовой теории поля (Mathematical aspects of quantum field theory), Atomizdat, Moscow, 1975.
- A. S. Švarc, Род расслоенного пространства, Докл. АН СССР (The genus of a fiber space (Russian), Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR (N.S.)) 119 (1958), no. 2, 219–222.
- A. Schwarz, O. Zaboronsky, Supersymmetry and localization, Comm. Math. Phys. 183(2) (1997), 463–476.
- M. Alexandrov, M. Kontsevich, A. Schwarz, O. Zaboronsky, The geometry of the master equation and topological quantum field theory, Int. J. Modern Phys. A12(7):1405–1429, 1997.
- V. Kac, A. Schwarz, Geometric interpretation of the partition function of 2D gravity, Phys. Lett. B257 (1991), nos. 3–4, 329–334.
- A. A. Belavin, A. M. Polyakov, A. S. Schwartz, Yu. S. Tyupkin, Pseudoparticle solutions of the Yang-Mills equations, Phys. Lett. B59 (1975), no. 1, 85–87.
- V. N. Romanov, A. S. Švarc, Anomalies and elliptic operators (Russian), Teoret. Mat. Fiz. 41 (1979), no. 2, 190–204.
- S. N. Dolgikh, A. A. Rosly, A. S. Schwarz, Supermoduli spaces, Comm. Math. Phys. 135 (1990), no. 1, 91–100.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.