From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||1171 Hooper Avenue, Toms River, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||39.976731 N, 74.182899 W|
|Key people||Peter Gregorakis, Petros Gregorakis, Dave Hoffmann|
|Annual production volume||300 US beer barrels (350 hL) in 2006|
|Other products||Italian food, cigars|
|Tasting||Tastings daily, tours by appointment|
Artisan's Brewery is a brewpub in Toms River in Ocean County, New Jersey. The brewery opened to the public in 1997, and was originally known as Basil T's Brew Pub, being a second location for Basil T's Brewery in Red Bank. Artisan's was purchased by new owners in 2001, and assumed its current name in 2010. The brewery produces 300 barrels of beer per year.
Artisan's Brewery specializes in the production of English, German, and American-style beers. Common beer styles made at the brewery include brown ales, hefeweizens, light ales, maibocks, Märzens (Oktoberfest beers), pilsners, red ales, seasonal beers, weizenbocks, and west coast IPAs, Artisan's also serves Italian food and has a cigar lounge.
Artisan's has a restricted brewery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce up to 10,000 barrels of beer per year, to sell on-premises, to wholesalers, and at festivals in the state, and to offer samples at off-premises charitable or civic events. The brewery is not a member of the Garden State Craft Brewers Guild.
- Bryson, Lew and Mark Haynie. New Jersey Breweries. (Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole, 2008). ISBN 9780811735049.
- Pellegrino, Michael. Jersey Brew: The Story of Beer in New Jersey. (Wantage, NJ: Pellegrino & Feldstein, 2009). ISBN 9780976523314.
- New Jersey Craft Beer. "New Jersey Breweries & Brewpubs – contact info, tours, tastings and more" (10 April 2013). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Gintzler, S.J. "Better stick to the burgers at Red Bank brew pub" in The Star Ledger (2 October 1998). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Artisan Brewery. "Owners: Petros & Peter Gregorakis" (commercial website). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Payne, Lauren. "Artisan's Brewery And Italian Grill" in New Jersey Monthly (5 February 2012). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Nurin, Tara. "Who's Who in Jersey Brewing" in New Jersey Monthly (21 February 2013). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- Fortunato, John. "New Jersey Brewpub Guide" in The Aquarian Weekly (29 June 2011). Retrieved 13 May 2013.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Craft Brewers Guild. "The Garden State Craft Brewer's Guild: Our Members." Archived 2013-03-25 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 13 May 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.