From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Artists Against Fracking is an association of artists initiated by Yoko Ono and her son, Sean Lennon, also including Mark Ruffalo, Robert de Niro, Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, and Deepak Chopra.
In March 2013, the Independent Oil & Gas Association of New York filed a complaint with the New York Lobbying Board claiming the group had violated lobbying regulations, following an Associated Press news story suggesting that they should formally register as a lobbying group and had not done so. As of late 2014, hydraulic fracking is prohibited in New York state.
- CNN, By George Lerner. "New York anti-fracking group draws celebrity support". CNN. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Gabbatt, Adam (11 March 2013). "Yoko Ono and Susan Sarandon star in new anti-fracking music video". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2019-11-15 – via www.theguardian.com.
- Flanary, Patrick; Flanary, Patrick (29 August 2012). "Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon Unite Artists Against Fracking in New York". Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Mireya Navarro (29 August 2012). "Yoko Ono and Sean Lennon Organize Artists Against Fracking". The New York Times. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
- Associated Press (March 30, 2013). "NY lobby board asked to investigate Yoko Ono, other Artists Against Fracking". Fox News. Retrieved 18 May 2016.
- artists-against-fracking-lobbying 2013/03/18 TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc. Archived February 16, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- "New York erlässt Fracking-Verbot". Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen (in German). 18 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.