From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Full name||Atlético San Francisco|
|Ground||Estadio Domingo Velázquez |
San Francisco del Rincón, Guanajuato, Mexico
|Owner||Carlos Velázquez Villalpando|
|Chairman||Carlos Velázquez Villalpando|
|League||Liga Premier de México - Serie B|
|2019–20||3rd (Tournament abandoned)|
Atlético San Francisco, (simply known as Brujos) is a Mexican professional football club. The club plays in the Serie B de México and is based in San Francisco del Rincón, Guanajuato, México. It was established in 1966 and it has never played in the Primera División Profesional.
Atlético San Francisco was founded in 1966 and in that same year the club join the Segunda División. The club has never being able to play in the Primera División. In 1994, the club played in the inaugural season of the new second-tier Primera División A. In 1999, the club was relegated back to the Segunda División. Between 1999 and 2005 San Francisco played in Segunda División. The club ever since has been again relegated to the Tercera División de México and has played there between 2005 and 2019. On June 8, 2019, Atlético San Francisco defeated Aguacateros C.D.U. Uruapan in the semifinal of the 2018-19 season with this result the team won one of the two promotion place for the Liga Premier de México (former Segunda División).
- As of January 31, 2020
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Collazo, Jonathan (20 April 2020). "Bachilleres, Gavilanes, Truenos y otras franquicias 'extrañas' de la Primera 'A'" (in Spanish). Medio Tiempo. Retrieved 20 April 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "El descenso del que casi no se habla" [The descent of which is almost not spoken] (in Spanish). Milenio. 4 August 2017.
- Andrés, Juan Pablo; Lugo, Erick Francisco; Mora Rivera, José de Jesús (22 January 2009). "Mexico 2005/06". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Retrieved 10 June 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Ascienden 'Brujos', pero mujer es lesionada con piedra y gradas cayeron". Periódico AM (in Spanish). 8 June 2019. Retrieved 10 June 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Atlético San Francisco". Liga Premier FMF. Retrieved 5 February 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.