From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Auburn Road Vineyards|
|Location||117 Sharptown-Auburn Road, Pilesgrove, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||39.680020 N, 75.367188 W|
|Appellation||Outer Coastal Plain AVA|
|First vines planted||2004|
|Opened to the public||2007|
|Key people||Julianne Donnini and Scott Donnini (owners)|
|Known for||Good Karma merlot blend|
|Varietals||Gaia Cabernet Franc blend, Give Peach A Chance peach white wine blend, Pinot Grigio, the White Bottle Burgundian style Chardonnay, Dry Rose|
|Distribution||On-site, wine festivals, NJ farmers' markets, liquor stores (DE, NJ, PA), restaurants (DE, NJ), home shipment|
|Tasting||Tastings everyday, tours on weekends by reservation|
Auburn Road Vineyards is a winery in Pilesgrove Township in Salem County, New Jersey. The vineyard was first planted in 2004, and opened to the public in 2007. Auburn Road has 19 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 4,200 cases of wine per year. The winery is named for road near where it is located.
Auburn Road Vineyards is in the Outer Coastal Plain AVA, and produces wine from Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cayuga White, Chambourcin, Chardonnay, Merlot, Niagara, Pinot gris, Sangiovese, and Vidal blanc grapes. Auburn Road also makes fruit wines from apples and peaches
Auburn Road is an advocate of the direct shipping of wine from wineries to customers. The winery operates a bistro that sells cheeses, soups, and breads, and serves dinner on Friday night. Auburn Road has a plenary winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce an unrestricted amount of wine, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association and the Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association.
- Walsh, Daniel. "Novices create award-winning winery in Pilesgrove" in The Press of Atlantic City (20 August 2009). Retrieved 10 June 2013.
- Zernike, Kate. "From Garden State to Vineyard State" in The New York Times (2 May 2013). Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- Procida, Lee. "N.J.'s wineries-in-waiting hope the state will rewrite its rules so they can sell" in The Press of Atlantic City (1 July 2011). Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- Jackson, Bart. Garden State Wineries Guide. (South San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2011). ISBN 9781934259573.
- Clark, Randall. "Friends turn vineyard dream into reality" Archived December 28, 2013, at the Wayback Machine in Today's Sunbeam (26 December 2007). Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- E-mail from Scott Donnini, co-owner of Auburn Road Vineyards. (25 March 2013).
- Auburn Road. "Auburn Road: Wine List" Archived November 23, 2012, at the Wayback Machine (commercial website). Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- Westrich, Sal. New Jersey Wine: A Remarkable History. (Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2012). ISBN 9781609491833.
- Nussbaum, Paul. "Deadline nearing on signing New Jersey wine-shipping bill" in The Philadelphia Inquirer (13 January 2012). Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- Donnini, Scott. "Chapter 12 - The Enoteca" on The Continuing Tale of Auburn Road Vineyards (blog) (8 June 2009). Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- Vuksanic, Leanne "Auburn Road Vineyard Has Lots to Offer Visitors – NJ Winery" on New Jersey 101.5 FM Radio (9 August 2012). Retrieved 14 September 2013.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Archived June 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 22 March 2013.
- Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. "Outer Coastal Plain Wineries." Retrieved 22 March 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.