From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Queen's Certificate and Badge of Honour|
Ribbon of the badge
|Awarded by British Overseas Territories governments|
|Awarded for||Meritorious services to the community of an exceptional or outstanding nature|
|Order of Wear|
|Next (higher)||Queen's Medal for Chiefs|
|Next (lower)||Campaign Medals and Stars|
The Badge of Honour or Queen's Certificate and Badge of Honour is a civil award presented by the governments of British Overseas Territories. Established in 1928, it was presented to recognize loyal and valuable service by native chiefs and other non-European dignitaries within the British Empire. It is currently awarded for meritorious services to the local community of an exceptional or outstanding nature. The Certificate and Badge of Honour continues to be awarded in Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands, the Cayman Islands, and Bermuda.
- "NOMINATION FORM FOR QUEEN'S CERTIFICATE AND BADGE OF HONOUR" (PDF). Government of Bermuda, Cabinet Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 November 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2013.
- "No. 62529". The London Gazette (Supplement). 11 January 2019. p. 327.
- Orders and Medals: The Journal of the Orders and Medals Research Society, Volumes 18-19. Orders & Medals Research Society. 1979. p. 297.
- "Gibraltar Chronicle - The Independent Daily First Published 1801". Chronicle.gi. 2013-04-20. Archived from the original on 1 January 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "Nominations invited for Falklands award - News articles - Inside Government". GOV.UK. 2013-05-15. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "Governor of the Cayman Islands invites nominations for honours - News articles - Inside Government". GOV.UK. 2013-04-23. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "Her Majesty The Queen's Birthday Honours List 2013". Govsubportal.com. Archived from the original on 1 January 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Mackay, James; Mussell, John W., eds. (2004). The Medal Yearbook 2004. Devon, UK: Token Publishing Ltd. p. 276. ISBN 9781870192620.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.