From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Detroit Tigers – No. 37|
|Born: September 18, 1996|
Fort Worth, Texas
|July 27, 2020, for the Detroit Tigers|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2020 season)
|Earned run average||5.40|
Burrows attended Weatherford High School in Weatherford, Texas. In 2015, as a senior, he went 9–3 with a 0.89 ERA, striking out 132 in 71 innings. He was selected by the Tigers in the first round of the 2015 MLB draft. He signed with the Tigers, forgoing his commitment to play college baseball at Texas A&M University.
Burrows made his professional debut in 2015 with the GCL Tigers and spent the whole season there, posting a 1–0 record with a 1.61 ERA in ten games (nine starts). After his success in the Gulf Coast League, Burrows was promoted to the West Michigan Whitecaps for the 2016 season. He spent the whole season there and posted a 6–4 record with a 3.15 ERA in 21 games (20 being starts). In 2017, Burrows spent time with both the Lakeland Flying Tigers and the Erie SeaWolves, posting a combined 10–7 record and 3.20 ERA in 26 combined starts between both teams. He spent 2018 with Erie, pitching to a 10–9 record with a 4.10 ERA in 26 starts.
Burrows began 2019 with the Toledo Mud Hens. Burrows struggled with injuries over the course of the 2019 season and would ultimately start just 15 games in Toledo. He finished with a 2–6 record and 5.51 ERA in Toledo.
Burrows was added to the Tigers 40–man roster following the 2019 season. Burrows made his major league debut on July 27, 2020, but allowed 2 home runs and 3 earned runs over 2.1 innings.
- "Beau knows...baseball, pitching". star-telegram. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Weatherford prep star Burrows expected to go quickly in MLB Draft". star-telegram. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Beau Burrows cried after being drafted by Detroit Tigers in first round". Detroit Free Press. June 8, 2015. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Detroit Tigers select hard-throwing high school pitcher Beau Burrows in first round of draft". MLive.com. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Tigers load up on arms, add left-handed power hitter in draft". Detroit News. June 8, 2015. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- "Beau Burrows – Player Profile – Perfect Game USA". www.perfectgame.org.
- "Beau Burrows Stats, Highlights, Bio – MiLB.com Stats – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Beau Borrows Stats, Highlights, Bio – MiLB.com Stats – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- "Beau Borrows Stats, Highlights, Bio – MiLB.com Stats – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- Anthony Fenech (November 20, 2019). "Detroit Tigers protect six players from Rule 5 draft. Here are their selections". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved November 20, 2019.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.