From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||1 Jeremiah Lane, Pittstown, NJ, USA|
|Coordinates||40.572459 N, 74.975295 W|
|First vines planted||2009|
|Opened to the public||2012|
|Key people||Michael Beneduce Sr., Michael Beneduce Jr., Justen Beneduce Hiles (owners)|
|Other attractions||Picnicking permitted|
|Distribution||On-site, NJ restaurants, home shipment|
|Tasting||Tastings Wednesday to Sunday|
Beneduce Vineyards (// BEN-ə-DOO-chee) is a winery in the Pittstown section of Alexandria Township in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States. A family farm since 2000, the vineyard was first planted in 2009, and opened to the public in 2012. Beneduce has 10 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 4,000 cases of wine per year. The winery is named after the family that owns it.
Beneduce Vineyards primarily grows and produces wine from aromatic varietals, including Blaufränkisch (Lemberger), Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chambourcin, Chardonnay, Corot noir, Gewürztraminer, Malbec, Noiret, Pinot noir, Riesling, and Syrah. It is the only winery in New Jersey that produces wine from Noiret, which is a red hybrid grape developed in New York in 1973. Beneduce is not located in one of New Jersey's three viticultural areas.
Beneduce has a plenary winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce an unrestricted amount of wine, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association and its subsidiary, Vintage North Jersey.
- Boss, Leslie. "Local Favorite Spotlight: Beneduce Vineyards - Pittstown, NJ" Archived March 6, 2014, at the Wayback Machine on Tranquil Acres of Alexandria (blog) (5 August 2012). Retrieved 25 March 2013
- Haddon, Heather. "Years of Growth at Risk for N.J. Wine" Archived February 19, 2014, at the Wayback Machine in The Wall Street Journal (archived website) (4 January 2012). Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Westrich, Sal. New Jersey Wine: A Remarkable History. (Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2012). ISBN 9781609491833.
- "Beneduce Vineyards host grand opening July 28 in Pittstown" in The Hunterdon County Democrat (26 July 2012). Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Pavlis, Gary C. "Join the Club" in Edible Jersey (Fall 2013). Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- "European flavor at Jersey vineyard" Archived October 2, 2013, at the Wayback Machine in The Star-Ledger (11 May 2013). Retrieved 11 May 2013.
- In-person conversation with Michael Beneduce, owner of Beneduce Vineyards. (26 March 2013).
- Beneduce Vineyards. "Beneduce Vineyards: The Wines" (commercial website). Retrieved 11 June 2013.
- "Beneduce Vineyards" on Skylands Visitor (blog) (19 May 2013). Retrieved 13 September 2013. A review of the wines made by New Jersey's 46 wineries found no other establishment using Noiret grapes.
- Ogrodnick, Joe. "Cornell releases three new wine grape varieties" in The Cornell Chronicle (10 July 2006). Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- Jackson, Bart. Garden State Wineries Guide. (South San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2011). ISBN 9781934259573. Geographic descriptions of the Central Delaware Valley, Outer Coastal Plain, and Warren Hills AVAs exclude Beneduce Vineyards.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Archived June 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Vintage North Jersey. "Participating Wineries on the Vintage North Jersey Wine Trail." Retrieved 26 March 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.