From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Bob Brookmeyer and Friends|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||30th Street Studio|
|Bob Brookmeyer chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
Reviewer Scott Yanow said that "the young rhythm section (pianist Herbie Hancock, vibraphonist Gary Burton, bassist Ron Carter, and drummer Elvin Jones) uplifts what would have been a fairly conventional (although high quality) bop date".
The album was recorded at Columbia's 30th Street Studio, on May 26 and 27, 1964, and was issued on vinyl later the same year. It was reissued on vinyl LP in 1980 and on CD in 2005. Burton was a partial contributor and is heard only on some tracks.
All compositions by Bob Brookmeyer, unless otherwise noted.
- "Jive Hoot" (4:43)
- "Misty" (5:15) - (Erroll Garner, Johnny Burke)
- "The Wrinkle" (5:16)
- "Bracket (4:58)
- "Skylark" (5:01) - (Hoagy Carmichael, Johnny Mercer)
- "Sometime Ago" (4:05) - (Sergio Mihanovich)
- "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face" (5:03) - (Alan Jay Lerner, Frederick Loewe)
- "Who Cares?" (7:04) - (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin)
- "Day Dream" (5:18) - (Strayhorn/Ellington/La Touche)
- "Time For Two" (3:37) - (Margo Guryan Rosner)
- "Pretty Girl" (4:50)
Tracks 9–11 previously unissued
Note: on the 1980 vinyl LP version "The Wrinkle" was incorrectly titled "Wrinkle Time".
- Producer - Teo Macero
- Yanow, Scott. "Bob Brookmeyer and Friends - AllMusic Review". AllMusic. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. pp. 31. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 173. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.