From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Full name||Cañoneros Fútbol Club|
|Nickname(s)||La Marina (The Navy) |
Los Cañoneros (The Gunners)
|Founded||1 June 2012|
Milpa Alta, Mexico
|Owner||Liga de Fútbol Torneo Central de Reservas|
|Chairman||Ricardo Pérez Acuňa|
|Manager||Carlos Alberto Valdéz|
|League||Liga Premier - Serie A|
|2020–21||13th – Group II|
The team was founded on 2012 by an agreement between the mexican Secretariat of the Navy and amateur soccer league, Liga de Fútbol Torneo Central de Reservas. The creation of the team was made with the objective of creating a team to train the talents of the national navy and athletes emerged in the amateur tournament. This club is funded in part by the Mexican government by relying on a Federal Secretariat.
From 2012 to 2018, the team participated in Tercera División. The team's greatest success came in the 2017-18 season, when it achieved the second place in the category, after being defeated by Acatlán F.C. in the final series.
The condition as runner-up of the team allowed it to get promotion to Serie B, because it's rival did not meet the requirements to participate in this division. Also, the club maintains a reserve team competing in Tercera División.
In the first season in Serie B, the team qualified for the playoffs. In the quarterfinals the team eliminated Mineros de Fresnillo by 6-2 in the aggregate. In semifinals, Marina tied with Atlético Saltillo Soccer, but advanced by his condition of best-seeded team. In the final, the navy defeated Deportivo CAFESSA 3-2 on aggregate, thus winning its first championship in history.
In 2021 the team was renamed Cañoneros F.C. because the Secretariat of the Navy stopped providing financial and institutional support to the club and therefore was no longer representative of the institution.
- As of September 18, 2021
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Cañoneros F.C. (Liga TDP)
- Reserve team that plays in the Liga TDP, the fourth level of the Mexican league system.
- "Liga Premier - SERIE A - EQUIPOS" (in Spanish). Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- Pérez, Iván (2014). "Tus impuestos al servicio del fútbol" (in Spanish). Juanfutbol. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- Toledo, Jair (10 June 2018). "Acatlán FC es el nuevo campeón de la Tercera División". Los Pleyers (in Spanish). Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Un solo grupo en la Serie B Premier". Liga Premier Magazine (in Spanish). Enascenso. 6 July 2018. Archived from the original on 10 July 2018. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Cañoneros, campeón" (in Spanish). Liga Premier Magazine. Retrieved 19 May 2019.
- "CAÑONEROS FC PRESUME NUEVA PIEL". Liga Premier Magazine (in Spanish). 7 August 2021. Retrieved 8 August 2021.
- "Cañoneros F.C." Liga BBVA MX. Retrieved 18 September 2021.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.