From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
According to the Organic Municipal Law of the Free and Sovereign State of Quintana Roo, the state classifies its settlements as follows:
- Ciudad (city): more than 10,000 inhabitants, or a municipal seat irrespective of size.
- Villa (town): more than 5,000 inhabitants.
- Pueblo (village): more than 2,000 inhabitants.
- Ranchería (hamlet): more than 500 inhabitants.
- Congregación (small hamlet): fewer than 500 inhabitants
- See also: Municipalities of Quintana Roo.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.