From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Coda Rossa Vineyards|
|Location||1526 Dutch Mill Road, Franklinville, NJ, USA|
|Coordinates||39.578121 N, 75.001868 W|
|Appellation||Outer Coastal Plain AVA|
|First vines planted||2002|
|Opened to the public||2010|
|Key people||Kenton & Kathy Nice|
|Other attractions||Instructional winemaking|
|Distribution||On-site, wine festivals, NJ liquor stores, NJ restaurants|
|Tasting||Tastings Friday to Sunday|
Coda Rossa Winery is a winery in the Franklinville section of Franklin Township in Gloucester County, New Jersey, United States. The vineyard was first planted in 2002. The current owners obtained the property in 2006, and Coda Rossa opened to the public in 2010. Coda Rossa has 10 acres of grapes under cultivation, and produces 1,500 cases of wine per year. The winery is named for the Italian words coda rossa which mean "red tail," because of the red-tailed hawks that live near the farm.
Coda Rossa Winery is in the Outer Coastal Plain AVA, and produces wine from Barbera, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cayuga White, Chambourcin, Chardonnay, Concord, Durif (Petite Sirah), Merlot, Nebbiolo, Niagara, Pinot gris, Sangiovese, Sauvignon blanc, Syrah, Vidal blanc, and Zinfandel grapes. The winery also makes fruit wines from blackberries, blueberries, peaches, and raspberries.
Coda Rossa has a plenary winery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce an unrestricted amount of wine, operate up to 15 off-premises sales rooms, and ship up to 12 cases per year to consumers in-state or out-of-state. The winery is a member of the Garden State Wine Growers Association and the Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. In 2004, the owners of Coda Rossa founded The Wine Room, an instructional winemaking facility in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
- Grant, Katrina. "Gloucester County wineries awarded medals" in The Gloucester County Times (18 June 2010). Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Procida, Lee. "Outcome of federal court case could sour New Jersey's wine industry" in The Press of Atlantic City (29 June 2011). Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Westrich, Sal. New Jersey Wine: A Remarkable History. (Charleston, SC: The History Press, 2012). ISBN 9781609491833.
- Harbach, Louise. "For farmers, wine grapes are sweet venture" in The Philadelphia Inquirer (8 September 2002). Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Toms, Charlie. "Coda Rossa Winery Review" in American Winery Guide (11 January 2014). Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "Wine Tasting Event Set at Wings 'n Water Festival" in The Cape May County Herald (8 September 2010). Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- Painter, Nancy Brannigan. "2012 Wine Guide" in Edible Jersey (Fall 2012). Retrieved 12 June 2013.
- Jackson, Bart. Garden State Wineries Guide. (South San Francisco, CA: Wine Appreciation Guild, 2011). ISBN 9781934259573.
- New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control. "New Jersey ABC list of wineries, breweries, and distilleries" (5 February 2013). Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Wine Growers Association. "GSWGA Wineries." Archived June 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Outer Coastal Plain Vineyard Association. "Outer Coastal Plain Wineries." Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Boyer, Barbara. "Business lets customers sample wine-making from the ankles down" in The Philadelphia Inquirer (15 October 2012). Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Nichols, Jeff. "Good spirits" in Rowan Magazine (16 August 2007). Retrieved 15 September 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.