From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||August 15, 1958|
|Studio||Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey|
|Genre||Blues / Jazz|
|Mose Allison chronology|
Creek Bank is the fourth album to be released (but fifth album recorded) by blues/jazz pianist and vocalist Mose Allison which was recorded in 1958 and released on the Prestige label. It was reissued on CD, coupled with Young Man Mose, by Original Jazz Classics.
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Scott Yanow, in his review for Allmusic, says it is his "typically ironic vocals that are most memorable, particularly Allison's classic "The Seventh Son" and "If You Live." His piano playing, even with the Bud Powell influence, was beginning to become original and he successfully performs both revived swing songs and moody originals".
All compositions by Mose Allison except where noted.
- "The Seventh Son" (Willie Dixon) – 2:36
- "If I Didn't Care" (Jack Lawrence) – 4:25
- "Cabin in the Sky" (Vernon Duke, John La Touche) – 4:04
- "If You Live" – 2:31
- "Yardbird Suite" (Charlie Parker) – 3:21
- "Creek Bank" – 4:34
- "Moon and Cypress" – 4:00
- "Mule" – 3:51
- "Dinner on the Ground" – 3:14
- "Prelude to a Kiss" (Duke Ellington, Irving Gordon, Irving Mills) – 4:12
- Prestige Records discography accessed May 16, 2013
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 26. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Yanow, S. Allmusic listing accessed May 16, 2013
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. pp. 8. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.