From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Died||12 April 1984 (aged 61)|
|Years active||1947-1984 (film)|
Daniele D'Anza (1922–1984) was an Italian director, playwright and screenwriter.
Born in Milan, D'Anza started his career on stage, in which he is best known for the direction of the antimilitarist play Venticinque metri di fango that he presented in Milan in 1946 raising several controversities as well as critical appreciation. Another of his works, the rivista Tempo di musica, a satire of Italian history from the 19030s to the 1950s, was heavily censored, being first banned and later allowed only after having received heavy cuts.
He is regarded as a pioneer of Italian television, for which he worked since the early 1950s, when RAI started experimental broadcasting before starting the regular TV service. He directed several successful TV-series, in particular Il segno del comando (1971) and L'amaro caso della Baronessa di Carini (1976). His last work, the TV miniseries La ragazza dell'addio was broadcast on RAI posthumously, two months after his dead. He was also active on films, notably working on the screenplay of Michelangelo Antonioni's Story of a Love Affair (1950).
D'Anza was first married to Edith Malanesan, a British woman, and they had a daughter, Cristina. The couple separated (divorce not yet existing in Italy) in 1950 and in 1967 he was prosecuted for concubinage with the actress Luisella Boni, with whom he had had a second daughter, Vittoria Michaela.
- Story of a Love Affair (1950)
- The Two Sergeants (1951)
- The Temptress (1952)
- Tom Toms of Mayumba (1955)
- The Wanderers (1956)
- The Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (1958, TV series)
- Call Girls of Rome (1960)
- Extra (1976)
- Ugo Bozzolan (13 April 1984). "Morto a 62 anni il regista Daniele D'Anza Portò in tv la tradizione del buon teatro". La Stampa. p. 27.
- "Milla ama Martino lui ama Frida". La Repubblica. 3 June 1984. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Seymour Benjamin Chatman. Antonioni, Or, the Surface of the World. University of California Press, 1985. p.266.
- "Il regista Daniele D'Anza denunciato per concubinato con Luisella Boni". La Stampa. 28 July 1967. p. 14.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.