From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Edgar Raymond Darby Hinton
August 19, 1957
|Parent(s)||Ed and Marilynn Hinton|
|Relatives||Daryn Hinton (sister)|
Edgar Raymond Darby Hinton is an American actor. Born on August 19, 1957 in Santa Monica, California, his parents were actor Ed Hinton (1919 - 1958) and Marilyn Mau Hinton (1922 - 1982). Both of his sisters, Darcy and Daryn Hinton were actresses from childhood. Hinton is best known for playing Israel Boone on Daniel Boone.
When Hinton was six years old his mother left him off at 20th-Century Fox to audition for a part in The Sound of Music, and then she went to park the car. Hinton made a mistake, stood in line for Daniel Boone auditions, and so impressed the casting department that he was signed for the role of Israel Boone, even though they had been looking for an older boy for the part. He was on the series from 1964 to 1970, and became especially close to Fess Parker, who played his father. Hinton had been only a year old when he own father died, and Parker became a father-figure to him.
After Daniel Boone ended Hinton continued acting. He was in the 1978 film Goodbye, Franklin High, the 1979 ABC special When the West Was Fun: A Western Reunion, and the 1985 film Malibu Express. From 1985 to 1986 Hinton played Ian Griffith on Days of Our Lives In 2015 Hinton appeared as David G. Burnet in Texas Rising, which was shown on History (American TV network).
Hinton is married and has four children.
- Everett Aaker, Television Western Players, 1960-1975: A Biographical Dictionary, page 210, McFarland, Incorporated, 2017
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows 1946 – Present (Seventh Edition), Ballantine Books, 1999, page 234
- Torchy Smith, Shooting the Breeze with Baby Boomer Stars!, Archway Publishing, 2018.
- Hal Erickson, The Baseball Filmography, 1915 through 2001, 2nd ed., page 218, McFarland, Inc., 2010
- When the West Was Fun, The Star, June 5, 1979, pages 4 and 5
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.