From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Dreams So Real|
|Studio album by |
Gary Burton Quintet
|Studio||Studio Bauer, Ludwigsburg|
|Gary Burton chronology|
Dreams So Real is an album by vibraphonist Gary Burton featuring compositions by Carla Bley recorded in 1975 and released on the ECM label. The album reached number twenty-five in Billboards Jazz albums charts.
AllMusic awarded the album 4½ stars while its review by Michael G. Nastos states, "Generally regarded as one of Burton's top three recorded dates, it has stood the test of time. Perhaps some day, a complete collection of the vibist playing Carla Bley's many other compositions can be compiled to complement this surface-scratching but very important album".
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
- All compositions by Carla Bley.
|1.||"Dreams So Real"||6:25|
|2.||"Ictus / Syndrome"||10:27|
|1976||Billboard Jazz Albums||2|
- ECM discography Archived 2010-12-03 at the Wayback Machine accessed September 6, 2011
- "Dreams So Real: Music of Carla Bley - Gary Burton Quintet | Awards | AllMusic". Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Nastos, M. G. Allmusic Review accessed September 6, 2011
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. pp. 34. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 204. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.