From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Titular Patriarch of Jerusalem|
|Ordination||4 December 1638|
|Died||11 October 1686 (age 79)|
|Previous post||Titular Archbishop of Amasea (1643–1671)|
Egidio Colonna, O.S.B. or Carlo Colonna (1607 – 11 October 1686) was a Roman Catholic prelate who served as Titular Patriarch of Jerusalem (1671–1686) and Titular Archbishop of Amasea (1643–1671).
Egidio Colonna was born in 1607 and ordained a priest in the Order of Saint Benedict on 4 December 1638. On 19 December 1643, he was appointed during the papacy of Pope Urban VIII as Titular Archbishop of Amasea. On 19 January 1671, he was appointed during the papacy of Pope Clement X as Titular Patriarch of Jerusalem. He served as Titular Patriarch of Jerusalem until his death on 11 October 1686.
- Francisco de Rojas-Borja y Artés, Archbishop of Tarragona (1653);
- Francisco Antonio Díaz de Cabrera, Bishop of Salamanca (1660);
- Ambrosio Ignacio Spínola y Guzmán, Bishop of Oviedo (1665);
- Diego de Silva y Pacheco, Bishop of Guadix (1668);
- Baltasar de los Reyes, Bishop of Orense (1668);
- Miguel de Cárdenas, Bishop of Ciudad Rodrigo (1668);
- Francisco de Rois y Mendoza, Bishop of Badajoz (1668);
- Domenico Massimo, Bishop of Corneto e Montefiascone (1671);
- Johann Eberhard Nidhard (Neidhardt), Titular Archbishop of Edessa in Osrhoëne (1672);
- Friedrich von Hessen-Darmstadt, Bishop of Wrocław (1673);
- Giovanni Gambacorta, Bishop of Marsico Nuovo (1676);
- Ercole Visconti, Titular Archbishop of Tamiathis (1678); and
- Federico Visconti, Archbishop of Milan (1681);
- Gauchat, Patritius (Patrice) (1935). HIERARCHIA CATHOLICA MEDII ET RECENTIORIS AEVI Vol IV. Münster: Libraria Regensbergiana. p. 80. (in Latin)
- Ritzler, Remigius; Sefrin, Pirminus (1952). HIERARCHIA CATHOLICA MEDII ET RECENTIORIS AEVI Vol V. Patavii: Messagero di S. Antonio. p. 220. (in Latin)
- "Patriarch Egidio (Carlo) Colonna, O.S.B." Catholic-Hierarchy.org. David M. Cheney. Retrieved January 4, 2017
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.