From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Electric and Acoustic Hard Cell Live|
|Live album by |
Tim Berne's Hard Cell
Brooklyn and Ann Arbor
|Tim Berne chronology|
The AllMusic review awarded the album 4 stars stating "This band is incredible. Berne and company are at the vanguard of new jazz for the 21st century, and the rapid pace at which their catalog is expanding is really separating them from the pack. Brilliant". Pitchfork's Chris Dahlen said "With its raw sound and straightforward title, Electric and Acoustic Hard Cell Live feels like a bootleg. If you ignore Steve Byram's fantastic cover art, it's easy to imagine this as a cassette labeled in handwritten scrawl: "these are the good parts."
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings|||
All compositions by Tim Berne
- "Van Gundy's Retreat" - 7:30
- "Huevos" - 10:09
- "Traction" - 11:28
- "Manatee Woman" - 16:02
- Tim Berne discography, accessed October 15, 2014
- Allmusic Review accessed October 15, 2014
- Dahlen, Chris (2004-09-06). "Tim Berne: Electric and Acoustic Hard Cell Live". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 2014-10-15.
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (9th ed.). London: Penguin. p. 121. ISBN 978-0-14-103401-0.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.