From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Engineers Without Borders (EWB) is a Cameroonian non-profit organization founded in 14 October 2003 in Yaounde, Cameroon. As a development-based association, Engineers Without Borders - Cameroon works to promote human development by sharing and giving access to relevant scientific and technological knowledge, implementing engineering projects with respect for the environment, economic and social adaptation, and developing partnership and synergy within the engineering domain.
It is a member of the network Engineers Without Borders International.
The group was created in 2003. It is supported by numerous members of academia. EWB Cameroon works on knowledge management, local development, natural resources management, and information and communication for development.
- In 2005, EWB Cameroon organised a campaign on entrepreneurship for young people in rural areas and led the mobilization of Cameroonian youth for the World Summit in Information Society.
- In 2011, the group began producing articles and organising training sessions and technical assistance missions.
- In 2015, they launched a national contest of excellency « graines d’ingénierie ». That year, the group partnered with "Ingénieurs sans frontières France" to study the « evolution of agricultural engineers skills from counselling to follow-up.
- EWB-DC completed trip to Cameroon during March of 2016. This was the fourth implementation trip for the team. One of the trip's main objectives was to continue the pipeline installation from a water catchment area to the location of a future storage tank. After three days of manual labor, approximately 360 meters of pipeline were successfully installed.
- 2003: Emilienne Lionelle Ngo Samnick
- 2006: Élisabeth Basemeg Kihel 
- 2009: Dénis Sie Mahonghol
- 2015: Jean Merlin Etobe 
- "ISF Cameroun:éditeur multiforme". Spore (in French). Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Campagne sur l'entreprenariat des jeunes ruraux du Cameroun". Panapresse. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Engagement de la jeunesse pour le SMSI". TIG. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "L'Accompagnement, une posture citoyenne de l'ingénieur". ISF France. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Helping the world communicate, World Summit on the Information Society" (PDF). Union internationale des télécommunications (UIT). p. 147. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "Actes ASAP 2006" (PDF). Association des ingénieurs diplômés de l’École polytechnique de Yaoundé. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
- "Au Cameroun, les agriculteurs font de la résilience". Altermondes. Retrieved 27 May 2016.
EWB Cameroon published a variety of online and printed books, including :
- « PRO-AGRO » - Series of practical booklets online (CTA/EWB Cameroon)
- Etobe, J.M. 2015. Professionnalisation des agricultures familiales - online (CTA/EWB Cameroon)
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.