From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||1 Ilene Court, Building 8, Suite 16, Hillsborough, New Jersey, USA|
|Coordinates||40.490484 N, 74.643870 W|
|Key people||Jeremy "Flounder" Lees, Daniel Lees, Michael Lees, William Jordan V|
|Annual production volume||50 US beer barrels (59 hL) (2013)|
|Tasting||Tastings and tours on select Saturdays|
Flounder Brewing Company is a nanobrewery in Hillsborough in Somerset County, New Jersey. Started by Jeremy Lees as a homebrewing hobby, it grew to encompass other members of the family including his brothers, Daniel and Michael, and his cousin William. The brewery opened to the public in October 2013, and was first sold to the public at the Fox and Hound Tavern in Lebanon, New Jersey. It was New Jersey's 12th Limited Brewery license and one of the first nano scale breweries in New Jersey, producing an estimated 50 barrels of beer per year.
Flounder Brewing best known for its signature Hill Street Honey Ale, an unfiltered American pale ale. Their other year round types are the Murky Brown, an American Brown Ale, and Saison du Flounder, a farmhouse ale. There are currently two seasonal releases in the rotation – Floundering Pumpkin in the fall based, a spiced pumpkin amber ale, and the Gingerbread Brown, a spiced brown winter ale.
Flounder has a limited brewery license from the New Jersey Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, which allows it to produce up to 300,000 barrels of beer per year, to sell on-premises as part of a tour, and to distribute to wholesalers and at festivals. The brewery is a member of the Garden State Craft Brewers Guild and New Jersey Craft Beer Club.
- Linkous, Jeff. "NJ Green-lights Flounder Brewing" on The Beer-Stained Letter (blog) (7 March 2012). Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- New Jersey Craft Beer. "New Jersey Breweries & Brewpubs – contact info, tours, tastings and more" (21 September 2013). Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- Russ, Brian. Welcome NJ's Newest Craft Brewery - Flounder Brewing Co. on The Craft Beer Explorer (blog) (25 September 2013). Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- Flounder Brewing Company. "The Keg Tapping!" (commercial website). Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- O'Brien, Walter. Flounder brings Somerset County a honey of a first brewery in The Star-Ledger (26 August 2013). Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- Nurin, Tara. The Art of Craft: Jersey's Booming Beer Industry in New Jersey Monthly (11 February 2013). Retrieved 8 October 2013. Estimate of 50 barrels per year is based on a 1-barrel fermentation tank, and production of one batch of beer per week.
- New Jersey General Assembly. "N.J.S.A. 33:1-10". Statutes of New Jersey. New Jersey.
- Garden State Craft Brewers Guild Twitter. "Congrats to newest Guild member Flounder Brewing" Retrieved 25 November 2013.
- Garden State Craft Brewers Guild. "The Garden State Craft Brewer's Guild: Our Members." Archived March 25, 2013, at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 8 October 2013.
- New Jersey Craft Beer Club. "New Jersey Breweries and BrewPubs" Retrieved 25 November 2013.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.