From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coat of arms
|• Total||2.40 km2 (0.93 sq mi)|
|Elevation||413 m (1,355 ft)|
|• Density||600/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (Central European Time)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (Central European Summer Time)|
|Surrounded by||Feuerthalen, Laufen-Uhwiesen, Neuhausen am Rheinfall (SH), Schaffhausen (SH)|
Flurlingen is first mentioned in 876 as Flurlingin.
Flurlingen has an area of 2.4 km2 (0.93 sq mi). Of this area, 18.3% is used for agricultural purposes, while 55.6% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 22% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (4.1%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
The municipality if located on the Rhine river to the west of the Cholfirst elevation.
The 96 m tall Cholfirst Radio Tower is built on Cholfirst at an elevation of 570 m (1,870 ft).
Flurlingen has a population (as of 31 December 2019) of 1,477. As of 2007[update], 10.3% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 12.3%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (94.3%), with Serbo-Croatian being second most common ( 1.1%) and Albanian being third ( 1.0%).
The age distribution of the population (as of 2000[update]) is children and teenagers (0–19 years old) make up 24.4% of the population, while adults (20–64 years old) make up 61.5% and seniors (over 64 years old) make up 14%. The entire Swiss population is generally well educated. In Flurlingen about 85.7% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).
Flurlingen has an unemployment rate of 1.16%. As of 2005[update], there were 47 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 5 businesses involved in this sector. 140 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 26 businesses in this sector. 165 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 46 businesses in this sector.
The historical population is given in the following table:
Although traditionally a wine-growing municipality, in recent years, the number of wealthy individuals moving to the area have increased due to the relocation of several multi-national headquarters to the nearby municipalities of Schaffhausen and Neuhausen.
This has resulted in an increased demand for housing in this low-tax municipality which is now regarded as one of the most exclusive and sought-after locations.
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Flurlingen in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office Archived January 5, 2016, at the Wayback Machine accessed 27-Jul-2009
- "Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit". bfs.admin.ch (in German). Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB. 31 December 2019. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "Notes on popular locations around the Schaffhausen area". Archived from the original on 2012-03-11. Retrieved 2011-06-21.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.