From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Studio album by|
|Studio||Dureco Studios in Weesp, Netherlands and Fendal Recording Studios in Loenen aan de Vecht, Netherlands|
|Producer||Jurre Haanstra and Ruud Jacobs|
|Stan Getz chronology|
Forest Eyes is an album by saxophonist Stan Getz featuring compositions by Jurre Haanstra, several of which featured in Bert Haanstra's film "Een Pak Slaag", which was recorded in 1979 and originally released on the Dutch CBS label.
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow stated "The great tenor is in his usual professional form but none of the themes are all that memorable and his backing is pretty anonymous. It's not one of the essential Stan Getz albums". Doug Payne observed "Getz is typically lovely from start to finish. But brief as it is, Forest Eyes sadly never offers that one compositional moment that makes you feel this is anywhere near as significant as something like Focus".
All compositions by Jurre Haanstra.
- "We Are Free" - 5:11
- "Tails - Part 1 & 2" - 6:00
- "Shades of Blue (Main Theme from the Bert Haanstra Film "Een Pak Slaag")" - 3:14
- "Heron's Flight" - 4:02
- "Forest Eyes" - 3:20
- "Drowsy" - 4:07
- "Silva (From the Film "Een Pak Slaag")" - 3:30
- "Little Lady" - 4:00
- "Eye of the Storm (From the Film "Een Pak Slaag")" - 2:52
- Stan Getz - tenor saxophone
- Jurre Haanstra - drums, percussion, piano, electric piano, arranger, conductor
- Unidentified orchestra - Benny Behr - concertmaster
- Rob van Kreeveld - piano, electric piano (tracks 1, 3, 4 & 5)
- Rob Franken - electric piano (track 2)
- Peter Schön - synthesizer (tracks 6 & 8)
- Henk Braaf (tracks 2 & 8), Chuck Loeb (track 6) - guitar
- Jan Hollestelle (track 6), Koos Serierse (tracks 1, 3, 4, & 5) - bass
- Paul Bagmeyer - bass guitar (tracks 2 & 8)
- Victor Jones (track 6) - drums
- Willy Tjon Ajong - percussion, electric piano (tracks 6 & 8)
- Discogs album entry, accessed July 28, 2016
- Stan Getz discography: 1970's, accessed July 28, 2016
- Yanow, Scott. Forest Eyes – Review at AllMusic. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- Payne, D. Sound Insights: Stan Getz - The Complete Columbia Albums Collection, accessed July 28, 2016
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.