From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tessari/Fioretti at the 2018 European Championships
|Born||14 May 1993|
Massa di Somma, Italy
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Former partner||Lauri Bonacorsi, Sofia Sforza, Martina Montonati|
|Coach||Barbara Fusar-Poli, Stefano Caruso|
|Former coach||Brunilde Bianchi, Valter Rizzo|
|Former choreographer||Jeffrey Cooley|
|Skating club||Agora Skating Team|
|Former skating club||Olympic Dream Zanica|
|Former training locations||Zanica|
|ISU personal best scores|
Francesco Fioretti (born 14 May 1993) is an Italian ice dancer. With his skating partner, Jasmine Tessari, he has won six international medals and is a three-time Italian national medalist. They have competed in the final segment at one ISU Championship.
Francesco Fioretti began skating at age seven in Milan and chose ice dancing immediately. He relocated to Zanica in 2007. In September 2008, he competed with Martina Montonati at a Junior Grand Prix (JGP) event in Merano, Italy, placing 17th.
In December 2008, Fioretti formed a partnership with Sofia Sforza, whom he had met in Zanica. Making their international debut, they placed 11th in September 2009 at the Junior Grand Prix in Lake Placid, New York. Sforza/Fioretti reached the free dance at three World Junior Championships, placing 20th in 2011 (Gangneung, South Korea), 10th in 2012 (Minsk, Belarus), and 13th in 2013 (Milan, Italy). Their best JGP result, fourth, came in the 2013–14 season, in Mexico City. The two were coached by Valter Rizzo and Brunilde Bianchi mainly in Zanica. On 1 October 2013, it was reported that Sforza/Fioretti had parted ways.
Fioretti and American ice dancer Lauri Bonacorsi competed together at one event, the 2014 CS Nebelhorn Trophy, finishing tenth. The two were coached by Rizzo and Bianchi in Sesto San Giovanni. After six months together, Bonacorsi and Fioretti parted ways due to difficulties relating to her move to Italy.
Barbara Fusar-Poli asked Jasmine Tessari to try out with Fioretti. After a few months of skating together, Tessari/Fioretti formalized their partnership. The two made their international debut in September 2015, at the Lombardia Trophy. They finished fourth at the Italian Championships.
Tessari/Fioretti won bronze at the 2016 NRW Trophy. After becoming the Italian national bronze medalists, they were sent to the 2017 European Championships in Ostrava, Czech Republic; they finished 22nd in the short dance and did not advance further.
In December 2017, Tessari/Fioretti won bronze at the Italian Championships. In January, they qualified to the free dance and finished 18th overall at the 2018 European Championships in Moscow, Russia. They concluded their season with silver medals at the Bavarian Open and Egna Spring Trophy.
Tessari/Fioretti opened their season with silver at the 2018 NRW Trophy and then placed fourth at two ISU Challenger Series events, the 2018 CS Lombardia Trophy and 2018 CS Ondrej Nepela Trophy. They took bronze at the 2018 Ice Star in October. In November, the two debuted on the Grand Prix series, placing eighth at the 2018 Grand Prix of Helsinki. After winning the silver medal at the Italian Championships, Tessari/Fioretti placed fourteenth at the European Championships, and attended their first World Championships, where they placed twenty-fourth.
|Season||Rhythm dance||Free dance|
|Season||Short dance||Free dance|
|GP Rostelecom Cup||10th|
|CS Golden Spin||7th|
|CS Ice Challenge||7th|
|CS Ondrej Nepela||4th|
|Cup of Nice||9th||10th|
|Egna Dance Trophy||2nd||1st|
|Santa Claus Cup||7th||6th|
|TBD = Assigned; WD = Withdrew|
|CS Nebelhorn Trophy||10th|
|Mont Blanc Trophy||4th|
|Santa Claus Cup||2nd|
|Italian Champ.||2nd J||1st J||1st J|
|J = Junior level|
- "Sofia Sforza e Francesco Fioretti: avanti con entusiasmo, passione e duro lavoro" [Sofia Sforza and Francesco Fioretti: Moving forward with enthusiasm, passion, and hard work]. ArtOnIce.it (in Italian). 11 October 2012.
- "Competition Results: Martina MONTONATI / Francesco FIORETTI". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016.
- "Sofia SFORZA / Francesco FIORETTI: 2013/2014". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 21 June 2014.
- Ambesi, Massimiliano (1 October 2013). "Aria di "rinnovamento" nel movimento juniores italiano" [New beginnings in the Italian junior ranks]. Neve Italia (in Italian).
- "Lauri BONACORSI / Francesco FIORETTI: 2014/2015". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 20 May 2015.
- Backman, Daphne (2 July 2018). "Q & A with Italy's Tessari & Fioretti". ice-dance.com.
- "Competition Results: Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 19 November 2018.
- "Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI: 2019/2020". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 16 November 2019.
- "Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI: 2018/2019". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 12 November 2018.
- "Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI: 2017/2018". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 29 May 2018.
- Castellaro, Barbara (16 October 2017). "Jasmine Tessari e Francesco Fioretti, una giovane coppia di Danza che progetta il suo futuro con entusiasmo e determinazione". artonice.it (in Italian).
- "Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI: 2016/2017". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 30 May 2017.
- "Sofia SFORZA / Francesco FIORETTI: 2012/2013". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 30 March 2013.
- "Sofia SFORZA / Francesco FIORETTI: 2011/2012". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 31 August 2012.
- "Sofia SFORZA / Francesco FIORETTI: 2010/2011". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 19 May 2011.
- "Competition Results: Lauri BONACORSI / Francesco FIORETTI". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 11 September 2016.
- "Competition Results: Sofia SFORZA / Francesco FIORETTI". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 10 January 2014.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.