From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An InterCity train departing from the station
|Elevation||411 m (1,348 ft)|
|Owned by||Swiss Federal Railways|
|Distance||66.2 km (41.1 mi) from Lausanne|
|Train operators||Swiss Federal Railways|
Location within Switzerland
Geneva Airport (Canton of Geneva)
Geneva Airport railway station (French: Gare de Genève-Aéroport) is a train station located underground next to the terminal building of Geneva International Airport (French: Aéroport international de Genève) (IATA code: GVA), in Grand-Saconnex, Geneva, Switzerland. It is located at the end of the standard gauge Lausanne–Geneva line of Swiss Federal Railways.
The station is 250 metres away from the airport terminal via a covered walkway, and very near to the Palexpo fairground.
The station is a terminus station served by an average of five trains an hour. They all call at the Geneva main station (Genève-Cornavin) (6 minutes away) and continue to Lausanne, Neuchâtel, Fribourg, Biel/Bienne, Soluthurn, Bern, Lucerne, Zurich, Winterthur, St. Gallen, and/or the Valais Alps (Sion & Brig):
- Hourly IR 15 to Lucerne via Nyon, Morges, Lausanne, Palézieux, Romont, Fribourg, Bern, Zofingen, and Sursee.
- Half-hourly IR 90 to Brig via Nyon (only hourly), Morges (only hourly), Lausanne, Vevey, Montreux, Aigle, St-Maurice (only hourly), Martigny, Sion, Sierre/Siders, Leuk (only hourly), and Visp.
- Eisenbahnatlas Schweiz. Cologne: Schweers + Wall. 2012. p. 68. ISBN 978-3-89494-130-7.
- "Plan tpg multimodal" (PDF) (in French). Geneva Public Transport. 15 December 2019. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
- "Genève-Aéroport - Genève - Nyon - Morges - Lausanne (RER Vaud, lignes S3, S4)" (PDF) (in French). Bundesamt für Verkehr. 13 November 2019. Retrieved 4 July 2020.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.