From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Born||July 14, 1955|
|Awards||Wolf Prize in Mathematics (2019)|
He received his Ph.D. from Princeton University in 1979 under the supervision of Edward Nelson. He was on the faculty of Duke University from 1979 to 2001, of Cornell University from 2001 to 2006, and since 2006 is at the University of Chicago.
He received the 2006 SIAM George Pólya Prize with Oded Schramm and Wendelin Werner. In 2012 he became a fellow of the American Mathematical Society. In 2019 he received the Wolf Prize in Mathematics.
- Lawler, Gregory F.; Schramm, Oded; Werner, Wendelin (2001). "The Dimension of the Planar Brownian Frontier is 4/3". Mathematical Research Letters. 8 (4): 401–411. doi:10.4310/mrl.2001.v8.n4.a1. ISSN 1073-2780.
- Werner, Wendelin; Schramm, Oded; Lawler, Gregory F. (January 2004). "Conformal invariance of planar loop-erased random walks and uniform spanning trees". The Annals of Probability. 32 (1B): 939–995. doi:10.1214/aop/1079021469. ISSN 0091-1798.
- Random walks and geometry : proceedings of a workshop at the Erwin Schrödinger Institute, Vienna, June 18-July 13, 2001. Kaimanovich, Vadim A., Schmidt, Klaus, 1943-, Woess, Wolfgang, 1954-. Berlin: Walter de Gruyter. 2004. ISBN 9783110198089. OCLC 232160048.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Greg Lawler at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Gregory F. Lawler, George Wells Beadle Distinguished Service Professor, Departments of Mathematics, Statistics, and the College". www.stat.uchicago.edu. Retrieved 2019-10-29.
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2013-01-27.
- Wolf Prize 2019 - Jerusalem Post
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.