From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Traded as||NYSE: HNI|
S&P 400 Component
|Industry||manufacturing, furniture industry|
|Founded||1944Muscatine, Iowa, USin|
|Headquarters||Muscatine, Iowa, US|
|Stan A. Askren|
Jeffrey D. Lorenger
(President & CEO)
Marshall H. Bridges
(Senior Vice President & CFO)
|Products||Furniture & Fireplaces|
|Revenue||US$ 2.20 billion (2016)|
|US$ 133.69 million (2016)|
|US$ 85.64 million (2016)|
|Total assets||US$ 1.33 billion (2016)|
|Total equity||US$ 501.01 million (2016)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
HNI Corporation is one of the largest office furniture manufacturers in the world in regard to revenues resulting from office segment sales. HNI is also the world's leading hearth products company, manufacturing and marketing gas, electric, wood and biomass burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings and accessories. The company was founded in 1944 by engineer C. Maxwell Stanley, advertising executive Clem Hanson, and industrial designer H. Wood Miller. Its headquarters are in Muscatine, Iowa U.S., with operations located in Muscatine, in various other U.S. states, and in Asia.
HNI's office furniture brands include The HON Company, Allsteel, Gunlocke, Maxon, HBF, HBF Textiles, OFM, Inc, Lamex, and HNI India. The Corporation's hearth brands, manufactured by Hearth & Home Technologies and offered through multiple retail and new construction channels, include Heatilator, Heat & Glo, Harman, Quadra-Fire, Majestic, Monessen, Fireside Hearth & Home, and Vermont Castings.
- America's Most Admired Companies, 2006 Fortune magazine
- 400 Best Big Companies in America, 1998-2006 Forbes magazine
- 50 Best Manufacturing Companies, 2002-2006 IndustryWeek
- America's Top 100 Most Trustworthy Companies, 2016-2017 Forbes magazine
- World's Best Companies for Leadership Development, 2014-2016, Chief Executive magazine
- "US SEC: Form 10-K HNI Corporation". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved February 10, 2018.
- "HNI Corporation, History Timeline, 1944 - Present". 2004. Archived from the original on 2008-07-04. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- Jeff Tecklenburg (2006-02-25). "Fortune magazine ranks HNI high". Muscatine Journal. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.