From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Helga van Leur
|Born||8 September 1970|
Van Leur studied Bodem, Water en Atmosfeer (environmental studies) at Wageningen University. She started working in 1994 at Meteo Consult through an internship, where she produced weather predictions for newspapers, radio and television. Between 1997 and 2017, she worked (freelance) as one of the main weather presenters for the TV channels of RTL Nederland - most notably during the news broadcasts. She allegedly presented some 7000 weather messages during news broadcasts. In 1998 she was recognized by her colleagues as 'best weather presenter of the world', and she was elected most popular weather presenter of the Netherlands in 2008, 2010 and 2012.
She also writes articles and columns for newspapers and magazines and gives lectures on weather, climate and sustainability. She also participated in the Dutch edition of Dancing with the Stars in 1997, and won. Starting July 2017, she participates in a weekly weather bulletin at the late night talkshow 'RTL Summer Night'.
Van Leur is married, and has three children.
- "Helga van Leur na 20 jaar weg als weervrouw bij RTL". nrc.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- "RTL-weervrouw Helga van Leur stopt na twintig jaar" (in Dutch). Retrieved 2017-07-21.
- Vries, Corine de (1998-09-30). "Helga van Leur ; 'Pas na zeven jaar schijn je ieder weertype een keer te hebben meegemaakt';". de Volkskrant (in Dutch). Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- "Helga van Leur stopt als weervrouw RTL". televizier.nl (in Dutch). 2017-05-25. Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- Koning, Sander. "Helga van Leur keert wekelijks terug op televisie". www.ad.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2017-07-21.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.