From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Henley College Coventry|
|Type||Further education college|
|Department for Education URN||130472 Tables|
|Enrolment||5,000 (part-time), 1,600 (full-time)|
Henley College Coventry was a further education college in the city of Coventry, England. Established in 1964, it was one of three further education colleges within the city boundaries, alongside City College Coventry and Hereward College before its merger in 2017 with City College to become Coventry College. The campus is located to the north of Coventry city centre and is close to the M6 motorway in a sub area of Bell Green. Graduation ceremonies are held at Coventry Cathedral.
After plans to extensively renovate the college failed in 2009 due to lack of funding, the college was given permission to begin a £6million revamp and expansion in October 2012, replacing the college's original 1960s structures with more modern facilities.
The college takes on about 6,000 students per year and have both FE and HE courses which include: Applied, Medical, and Forensic Science, Beauty Therapy, Business and Professional Studies, Criminology, Childcare and Education, Computing, Games Design, Engineering, Hairdressing, Health and Social Care, Sports and Exercise Sciences, and Travel and Tourism.
Notable alumni include:
- "About Henley". Henley College Coventry. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Lynch, Lucy (7 April 2009). "Henley College rebuild plans put on hold". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- Simpson, Cara (27 October 2012). "Henley College gets the go-ahead for £6 million extension". Coventry Telegraph. Retrieved 19 August 2013.[permanent dead link]
- "Subjects". Henley College Coventry. Retrieved 19 August 2013.
- O'Hare, Sean (6 July 2011). "Henley College Coventry guide". The Telegraph. London. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- "Green Party rising star quits deputy leadership race after Coventry father jailed for horrific crimes on girl, 10".
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.