From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|"Hit the Lights"|
|Single by Jay Sean featuring Lil Wayne|
|from the album Hit the Lights|
|Released||4 February 2011 (UK) |
8 February 2011 (US)
|Label||Cash Money, Universal Republic|
|Songwriter(s)||K. Jhooti, Dwayne Carter, Jared Cotter, Jeremy Skaller, Robert Larow, Khaled Rohaim|
|Producer(s)||J-Remy & Bobbybass|
|Jay Sean singles chronology|
|Lil Wayne singles chronology|
"Hit the Lights" is the second single by English recording artist Jay Sean, taken from the compilation album, Hit the Lights. The single features American rapper and labelmate Lil Wayne. The single is produced by OFM production team J-Remy and Bobby Bass. It was released to UK as a digital download to iTunes on 4 February 2011, and to US radio stations and as a digital download to iTunes on 8 February 2011. It was released as a CD Single in the United Kingdom on 24 April 2011.
Jay Sean told MTV, "I'm so excited about this song, 'cause, for me, it's the first time I felt like I did a huge club record, I always wanted to write a song that could be batted across all the clubs and on radio. And I think this is that song. It doesn't need any remixes or anything like that." He said also "I'm feeling mad excited about "Hit the Lights". It's a club banger that's gonna get everyone movin! I'm looking forward to watching another one of my songs grow! That's the most fun part!”
Of the collaboration he told MTV News, "It's inspirational, I learn off of people who have achieved greatness. There's something about them -- their work ethic, their mentality -- that resonates and strikes a chord. So when I watch him to see what he does, in my head I'm looking at it going, 'This is why he got to where he is.' And I like to learn that." Lil Wayne previously contributed a verse to the British artist's US breakthrough single, "Down". Jay Sean told DesiHits about the difference in dynamic between "Down" and "Hit the Lights" in terms of working with Lil Wayne, "It's different when you hear his interpretation of the song, he has understood that I have taken it to a bit more of a sexy and mature level on this song. "Down" was young and playful while "Hit the Lights" is for a mature audience and it is aimed at the clubs, plus the lyrics of the song. Lil Wayne added his interpretation and of course some things had to get bleeped out."
|“||"I’ve never really had a massive club song, so I wanted a song that I could smash into clubs worldwide. That’s what the lyrics are about: having a good time. Musically it’s progressive for me. It incorporates more of the current music climate. I think you have to move with the times. Michael Jackson and Madonna moved with the times. Music is changing. I wanted to incorporate all the sounds — so we’ve got dance, we’ve got pop, we’ve got R&B, hip-hop all in one song. " Sean told India-West.||”|
"Hit the Lights" was recently featured on Las Vegas, Nevada's tourism campaign "Only Vegas" where a man at his work station was singing along to the song while viewing photos of his vacation in Las Vegas.
|iTunes Digital download|
|1.||"Hit the Lights" (feat. Lil Wayne)||3:41|
Bille Woodruff directed the music video for "Hit the Lights", which premiered on 22 March 2011 on VEVO. The video has many CGI effects and features women dancing, an appearance from Lil Wayne as well as Birdman and DJ Khaled and plenty of lights.
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||19|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||68|
|Germany (Media Control AG)||62|
|German Youth Airplay Chart||25|
|New Zealand (RIANZ)||24|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||18|
|UK R&B (Official Charts Company)||22|
|UK Singles (The Official Charts Company)||67|
|US Billboard Hot 100||18|
|US Pop Songs (Billboard)||34|
|United Kingdom||4 February 2011||Digital download||Cash Money Records, Universal Republic|
|United States||8 February 2011||Airplay|
|United States||Digital download|
- "Hit the Lights (feat. Lil Wayne) - Single". iTunes.
- "JAY SEAN and LIL WAYNE Team up Again for "Hit the Lights"". Businesswire.com. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Lewis Corner (14 April 2011). "Music - Singles Review - Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne: 'Hit The Lights'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- Rodriguez, Jayson (9 February 2011). "Jay Sean Calls Lil Wayne Collabo 'Hit The Lights' A 'Huge Club Record' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- "Jay Sean and his new track: Hit the Lights". Oyetimes.com. 8 February 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "DH! Interview: Jay Sean Has 'Hit the Lights'". Desihits.com. 8 February 2011. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- Jay Sean’s New Single Is Packing the Dance Floor Archived 19 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Video: Jay Sean f/ Lil Wayne – 'Hit the Lights'". Rap-Up.com. 22 March 2011. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- "Jay Sean And Lil Wayne Take It To The Club In The "Hit The Lights" Video | Music News, Reviews, and Gossip on". Idolator.com. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- "ARIA Top 50 Singles Chart: 11/04/2011". Australian Recording Industry Association. Archived from the original on 8 February 2010. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Ultratop.be – Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne – Hit the Lights" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- Jay Sean - Chart history
- German Airplay Chart Archived 21 April 2011 at the Wayback Machine, Retrieved on 2011-06-03
- "Chart #1767 – Monday 4 April 2011: Top 40 Singles Chart". Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. 4 April 2011. Archived from the original on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- "ČNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 201111 into search. Retrieved 23 March 2011.
- "Official R&B Singles Chart Top 40". Official Charts Company.
- "Jay Sean Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Chart Highlights: Adult Contemporary, Alternative & More". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 14 March 2011. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- "Hit the Lights (feat. Lil Wayne) - Single". iTunes.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.