Dear Wikiwand AI, let's keep it short by simply answering these key questions:
Can you list the top facts and stats about IEC 61131-3?
Summarize this article for a 10 years old
IEC 61131-3 is the third part (of 10) of the international standard IEC 61131 for programmable logic controllers. It was first published in December 1993 by the IEC; the current (third) edition was published in February 2013.
- Ladder diagram (LD), graphical
- Function block diagram (FBD), graphical
- Structured text (ST), textual
- Instruction list (IL), textual (deprecated in 3rd edition of the standard)
- Sequential function chart (SFC), has elements to organize programs for sequential and parallel control processing, graphical.