From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The IEEE Nanotechnology Council is one of seven councils of the IEEE.
The Council, according to its website, is "a multi-disciplinary group whose purpose is to advance and coordinate work in the field of nanotechnology carried out throughout the IEEE in scientific, literary and educational areas. The Council supports the theory, design, and development of nanotechnology and its scientific, engineering, and industrial applications."
The IEEE Nanotechnology Council is a multi-disciplinary group related to nanotechnology research and applications. Their purpose is to support and guide state-of-the-art research in the field of nanotechnology. The main considerations for judging include distinction in long-term technical achievements, leadership, innovation, breadth, and impact on nanotechnology and engineering. Notable research, presented by the NTC IEEE community, in the area of state-of-the-art nanotechnology include patternable media, nanoelectrodes, and nanorobots. The NTC supports includes a range of areas including theory, design, and development of nanotechnology in addition to the scientific, engineering, and industrial applications. NTC is made up of 21 IEEE member societies, including IEEE Circuits and Systems Society; IEEE Components, Packaging & Manufacturing Technology Society; IEEE Electron Devices Society; IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society; IEEE Industrial Electronics Society; IEEE Photonics Society; IEEE Reliability Society; IEEE Solid-State Circuits Society; and others The IEEE Nanotechnology Council has many chapters in several countries such as Australia, China, Italy, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, and others.
The IEEE Nanotechnology Council sponsors a number of internationally recognized conferences that focus on the advancement of nanotechnology. It also annually awards the IEEE Pioneer Award in Nanotechnology.
The Council publishes the following peer-reviewed journals and magazine.
- IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology
- IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience
- IEEE Nanotechnology Magazine
- IEEE Nanotechnology Council
- Member Society Representatives http://ewh.ieee.org/tc/nanotech/nanoadcom.html Archived 2012-01-25 at the Wayback Machine
- NTC 2011: http://ieeenano2011.org/
- IEEE NTC Newsletter http://ntc.uwaterloo.ca/IEEE_NTC_NEWSLETTER_June2010.pdf
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-25. Retrieved 2012-02-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=01504701
- NTC Divisions and Chapters http://ewh.ieee.org/tc/nanotech/
- "IEEE Nanotechnology Conferences". Archived from the original on 2010-01-16. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
- "IEEE Nanotechnology Council Publications". Archived from the original on 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2009-05-14.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.