From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Type||Technical professional society|
|Purpose||To be the leading provider of scientific and engineering information on electric power and energy for the betterment of society, and the preferred professional development source for our members|
|Headquarters||Piscataway, New Jersey, U.S.|
The IEEE Power & Energy Society (IEEE PES), formerly the IEEE Power Engineering Society, is the oldest society of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) focused on the scientific and engineering knowledge about electric power and energy.
On 14 January 2016, the IEEE PES Governing Board approved the PES Technical Committee reorganization. This resulted in twenty coordinating and technical committees as follows:
- Intelligent Grid and Emerging Technologies Coordinating Committee
- Marine Systems Coordinating Committee
- Wind and Solar Power Coordinating Committee
- Analytics Methods for Power Systems Committee
- Electric Machinery Committee
- Energy Development and Power Generation Committee
- Energy Storage and Stationary Battery Committee
- Insulated Conductors Committee
- Nuclear Power Engineering Committee
- Power System Communications and Cybersecurity Committee
- Power System Dynamic Performance Committee
- Power System Instrumentation and Measurements Committee
- Power System Operations, Planning and Economics Committee
- Power System Relaying and Control Committee
- Smart Buildings, Loads and Customer Systems Committee
- Substations Committee
- Surge Protective Devices Committee
- Switchgear Committee
- Transformers Committee
- Transmission and Distribution Committee
The society sponsors a number of annual conferences that focus on its fields of interest. The principal events by IEEE PES are:
- IEEE PES GM
- IEES PES T&D
- IEEE PES ISGT
- "IEEE Power & Energy Society". IEEE Power & Energy Society. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "IEEE Power & Energy Society – Governance Documents". IEEE Power & Energy Society. Archived from the original on January 15, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "2008 IEEE News Releases – IEEE Power Engineering Society Officially Changes Name to IEEE Power & Energy Society". Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. May 6, 2008. Retrieved December 11, 2010. "... effective April 22, 2008 ... is the oldest IEEE Society, and will celebrate its 125th anniversary in 2009".
- IEEE PES Publications
- IEEE Power and Energy Magazine
- IEEE PES Conferences and Meetings
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.