From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The IRE Professional Group on Ultrasonic Engineering was formed in 1953. After the IRE's merge with AIEE in 1963, the group changed its name to the Professional Group on Sonics and Ultrasonics. In 1984 the group again changed its name to the IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control Society.
According to the society's constitution, its Field of Interest includes "the theory, technology, materials, and applications relating to:
- The generation, transmission, and detection of mechanical waves and vibrations and their interactions with other phenomena;
- Medical ultrasound, including hyperthermia, bioeffects, tissue characterization and imaging;
- Ferroelectric, piezoelectric, and piezomagnetic materials, including crystals, polycrystalline solids, films, polymers, and composites;
- Frequency control, timing, and time distribution, including crystal oscillators and other means of classical frequency control, and atomic, molecular and laser frequency control standards.
Areas of interest range from fundamental studies to the design and/or applications of devices and systems within the general scope defined above." 
The society publishes a peer-reviewed journal called IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control.
The IEEE UFFC Society sponsors a number of annual international conferences that deal with its field of interest, such as the IEEE International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics.
- "IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society". IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- IEEE Global History Network (2011). "IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society History". IEEE History Center. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- IEEE UFFC Society Constitution
- "T-UFFC". IEEE Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control Society. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- IEEE UFFC Society
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.