From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Full name||International Railways of Central America|
|League||Liga Nacional de Guatemala|
They earned a spot in Guatemala's top division in 1938 after having won two consecutive second division championships. They were suspended during the 1941 league season. In 1942 year they suffered a 1–8 loss to CSD Municipal, and the following year they were beaten 8–0 by Tipografía Nacional who would win the tournament undefeated. In 1944–45 they finished in fourth place, in the process beating Municipal 5–3 and Universidad 7–1. In 1950–51 they finished in third place, and after a couple of negative seasons they finished third again in 1956, which would prove to be their best season ever as they would go on to win the 1956–57 Domestic Cup title, in the fourth edition of the tournament. In 1957–58 they finished in penultimate place, suffering relegation, but they would return to the top level for the 1961–62 season after one year. They would suffer relegation again by finishing last in the 1963–64 campaign.
As International Railways defaulted and was taken over by the government, the team was affected by the financial issues and struggled in second division until 1970–71 when they resurged as Ferrocarriles de Guatemala (FEGUA) earning promotion. However, the Liga Mayor had become more competitive and they finished last in the standings, losing the category again after losing 1–3 in a playoff against JUCA. They would remain in the lower division, unable to return to the top flight, until they eventually disappeared.
- Domestic Cup winner: 1
- Domestic Cup runner-up: 1
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-04-26. Retrieved 2011-12-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Guatemala, 100 años de fútbol – 1930–1939". Prensa Libre (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2006-11-28. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- "Guatemala, 100 años de fútbol – 1940–1949". Prensa Libre (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 2006-11-28. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Guatemala – List of Cup Winners
- Cremas van por su quinta Copa
- Guatemala 1957/58
- Guatemala 1959/60
- Guatemala 1963/64
- Guatemala 1970/71
- Guatemala 1971
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.