From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Igor Leonidovich Zavozin (Russian: И́горь Леони́дович Заво́зин; 3 August 1955 – 29 May 2019) was a Russian Soviet ice dancer. With partner and later-wife Elena Garanina,he represented the Soviet Union in international competition, winning the 1978 Nebelhorn Trophy and 1981 Winter Universiade, although they never made it to the World Figure Skating Championships due to the depth of the Soviet dance field. After turning pro, Garanina and Zavozin toured with Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean. They were the parents of American ice dancer Maxim Zavozin and have since divorced. Igor Zavozin was also an international ISU judge for Armenia.
(with Elena Garanina)
- Ушёл из жизни Игорь Леонидович Завозин // Figure Skating Federation of Russia
- Елена Гаранина и Игорь Завозин: «ожившие скульптуры Родена»
- NHT-Rückblick/History Archived 2011-07-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Morgan Matthews / Max Zavozin: Official Web Site Archived 2008-01-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Welcome to U.S. Figure Skating Archived 2007-09-30 at the Wayback Machine
- International Skating Union Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine
- "ISU Communication No. 1467". Archived from the original on 2012-03-29.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.