From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Insights (Toshiko Akiyoshi - Lew Tabackin Big Band)|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||RCA Studio 'A', Hollywood, California, June 22, - June 24, 1976|
|Label||Victor (Japan), RCA Victor (U.S.)|
|Toshiko Akiyoshi – Lew Tabackin Big Band chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Insights is the fourth studio recording of the Toshiko Akiyoshi – Lew Tabackin Big Band and was voted "Jazz Album of the Year" in the 1978 Down Beat magazine critic's poll. It received the Swing Journal magazine 1976 Gold Disk prize in Japan and was nominated for a 1978 Grammy award in the USA for Best Jazz Instrumental Performance by a Big Band.
All tracks from this album are also included on the 2008 Mosaic 3 CD compilation, Mosaic Select: Toshiko Akiyoshi - Lew Tabackin Big Band.
- All songs composed and arranged by Toshiko Akiyoshi:
LP side A
- "Studio J" – 6:07
- "Transience" – 4:40
- "SUMIE" – 7:55
LP side B
- "Minamata" (suite) – 21:36
- "Peaceful Village"
- "Prosperity & Consequence"
- Toshiko Akiyoshi – piano
- Lew Tabackin – tenor saxophone and flute
- Tom Peterson – tenor saxophone
- Dick Spencer – alto saxophone
- Gary Foster – alto saxophone
- Bill Perkins – baritone saxophone
- Steven Huffsteter – trumpet
- Bobby Shew – trumpet
- Mike Price – trumpet
- Richard Cooper – trumpet (except on "Minamata")
- Jerry Hey – trumpet (on "Minamata")
- Bill Reichenbach Jr. – trombone
- Charlie Loper – trombone
- Britt Woodman – trombone
- Phil Teele – bass trombone
- Don Baldwin – bass
- Peter Donald – drums
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.