From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
16 August 1976
|Years active||1998 – present|
|Spouse(s)||Meelis Rämmeld (2016 – present)|
Kadri Rämmeld (until 2016, Kadri Adamson; born 16 August 1976) is an Estonian stage, film, and television actress.
Kadri Rämmeld was born Kadri Adamson in Tallinn in 1976. She attended both primary and secondary schools in Tallinn, graduating from the German Gymnasium Kadriorg. Afterward, she majored in German studies at the Estonian Institute of Humanities (now part of Tallinn University) and graduated in 1999 from the institute's drama and theatre department.
Following graduation, Rämmeld was engaged at a number of theatres and worked as a freelance actress, including the Theatrum SA, the Vanalinnastuudio, and Old Baskin's Theatre; all in Tallinn. Since 2014, she has been engaged as an actress at the Endla Theatre in Pärnu. Some of her earlier roles at the Endla include Bella Manningham in a production of Patrick Hamilton's Gaslight, and Alberta in the Bettina Hamel, Tobias Krechel, et al. penned play Titanic – Beautiful People Act Out Great Feelings. In 2016, she was voted the Endla Theatre audience favorite.
Rämmeld made her film debut in the gritty 2007 Dirk Hoyer directed crime-drama Võõras, in which she appeared as the main character TP's (played by Tanel Padar) sister. In 2006, she appeared in the film Tabamata ime; a collection of six short films adapted from the 1912 play of the same name by author Eduard Vilde.
In 2016, she played the role of Anne in the René Vilbre directed comedy film Klassikokkutulek, which follows three middle-aged men (played by Mait Malmsten, Henry Kõrvits aka G-Enka, and Ago Anderson), who decide to attend their twenty-fifth high school reunion. In 2019, she again played the role of Anne in the third installment, Klassikokkutulek 3: Ristiisad. In 2018, she appeared in the role of Aunt Iida in the Moonika Siimets-directed period drama Seltsimees laps, and in 2019 appeared in the role of Milady in the Mart Sander directed fantasy-horror film Kõhedad muinaslood.
Rämmeld has also worked as a voice actress; in 1998, she provided a number of character voices in the animated Peep Pedmanson directed short film Just märried for Nukufilm.
Rämmeld is possibly most recognized for her roles in a number of popular Estonian television series, beginning with the role of Liis Uuspere in the ETV drama series Kodu keset linna in 2003, in which she was an original cast member. She would leave the series in 2006, but reprise her role again in 2009, and again in 2012.
Between 2006 and 2008, she played the character Laura (aka Brita) in the Kanal 2 crime-drama series Kelgukoerad. Rämmeld's most popular role is arguably that of Marion Pärn in the TV3 comedy-crime series Kättemaksukontor, in which she has been a main cast member since the series was first broadcast in 2009. Other television appearances include the TV3 parody series Edekabel in 2004, and the Kanal 2 game show Kis? Mis? Kus? in 2008.
Kadri Adamson had been in a long-term relationship with businessman Toomas Vara. The couple had two children; a daughter, Miira, born 18 February 2006; and a son, Voldemar, born 7 November 2007. In October 2014 the couple announced they had separated.
In early summer 2016, Adamson married actor Meelis Rämmeld. In January 2017, the couple announced they were expecting a child. Following her marriage, Adamson began using the surname of her husband, Rämmeld, in both her personal and professional life.
- Postimees Kadri Adamson naudib pisitütre seltsis iga hetke 16 August 2006. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Endla Teater Kadri Adamson Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Postimees Sõprus näitab mängufilmi "Võõras" Tanel Padariga 25 April 2007. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Eesti Filmi Instituut Lõppesid uue kodumaise komöödia "Klassikokkutulek“ võtted ehk Piinlikud paljastused purgis 15 October 2015. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- "Fotod: Vaata, kes saabusid Mart Sanderi uhiuue õudusfilmi esilinastusele". Kroonika (in Estonian). 12 December 2019. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- Eesti Filmi Andmebaas Just märried (1998) Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Õhtuleht Kadri Adamson "Kodu keset linna" seriaali tagasi ei kipu 22 May 2008. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Elu24/Postimees Kadri Adamson naaseb oma "koju keset linna" 29 July 2009. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Õhtuleht Kadri Adamsoni Laura naaseb "Kelgukoertesse" 13 August 2008. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Elu24/Postimees Kadri Adamson oleks meeleldi suremist mänginud 19 September 2009. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Õhtuleht "Kättemaksukontor": Kadri Adamson jääb Marioni rollis kõhuga vahele 4 March 2015. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Õhtuleht Kadri Adamson: jah, me oleme Meelisega koos 16 October 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- Õhtuleht Kadri Adamson ja Toomas Vara läksid lahku 10 October 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
- Õhtuleht PALJU ÕNNE! Kadri Adamsonist sai Kadri Rämmeld 26 July 2016. Retrieved 16 MArch 2017.
- Elu24/Postimees Palju õnne! Kadri Adamson abiellus Meelis Rämmeldiga 26 July 2016. Retrieved 16 March 2017.
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.