From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Location||Tha Pladuk Subdistrict, Mae Tha District, Lamphun|
|Operated by||State Railway of Thailand|
Khun Tan railway station is a railway station on the Northern Line located in Lamphun Province, Thailand. It is operated by the State Railway of Thailand, and is 683.14 km (424.5 mi) from Bangkok railway station. Khun Tan Railway Station is in the Tha Pladuk Subdistrict, Mae Tha District.
Khun Tan is the highest railway station in Thailand, at 578 metres (1,896 ft 4 in) above sea level. Around the railway station is the entrance Doi Khuntan National Park, which has bungalows run by the State Railway of Thailand, for visitors' use as well.
Main article: Khun Tan Tunnel
Two hundred metres south of Khun Tan Railway Station is the Khun Tan Tunnel. It is the longest railway tunnel in Thailand, at 1,352.1 metres (4,436 ft 0 in) in length. Construction took 11 years at a cost of 1.3 million baht. It was finished in 1918.
- Special Express Diesel Car No. 7/8 Bangkok- Chiang Mai- Bangkok
- Special Express "Uttrawithi" 9/10 Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok
- Special Express 13/14 Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok
- Express 51/52 Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok
- Rapid 109/102 Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok
- Local 407/408 Nakhon Sawan-Chiang Mai-Nakhon Sawan
- "สาระความรู้วิชาการรถไฟและประวัติศาสตร์รถไฟไทย" [Academic knowledge, train and railway history Thailand]. Rotfaithai.com forums.
- "บังกะโลขุนตาน" [Khun Tan Station]. State Railway of Thailand.
- State Railway of Thailand. "ประวัติอุโมงค์ขุนตาน และ; การก่อสร้างอุโมงค์ขุนตาน" [Khun Tan Tunnel history; Khun Tan Tunnel Construction] (PDF).
Text is available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license; additional terms may apply.
Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.